• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Nightmare Please Help

rieg77

New Pleskian
Hi guys

Really need some help here because I am not sure what is going on.

I have a VPS through a third party web hosting company who, because the server is unmanaged, are basically doing squat to help me.

It all started when I decided to install WordPress on the server. I should say that at that point in time my server was running Plesk Panels 10.2. The Wordpress installation I attempted was that which was available through Plesk Control Panel but I was unable to complete it because the PHP version registered with Plesk was too old.

So, after some research, the best thing to do seemed to be to upgrade Plesk to 10.4.4, which offers support for PHP 5.3 which is more than enough.

After the upgrade completed (with no signs of error) I could no longer log in to Plesk Control Panel and was getting a HTTP 500 error relating to php-cgi.exe quitting unexpectedly and this seemed to be in relation to php5ts.dll.

Did a bit of research around the internet, tried a few things to resolve and could not sort out the problem.

This is where I should have come to you guys straight away, but instead I chose to complete a further upgrade to Plesk Panels 11 and wouldn't you know it I've swapped one error for another.

What I am now getting is "This file is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment". Again, I've done some research and tried some things to resolve but no joy.

To be honest, I don't even know where to start in diagnosing the problem, much less resolving it and would be grateful for some help.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Back