• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk NodeJS Server: CORS error upon every request

keithchasen

New Pleskian
Hi
I have node api and two next app connected to it. A couple of days ago customers claimed they can't login and turned out there's a cors error in the console.

Access to XMLHttpRequest at '{node api}' from origin '{next app}' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

Access to XMLHttpRequest at ''{node api}'/auth/me' from origin '{next app}' has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

I have express cors middleware set up on my api and it is working fine locally. Basically it worked ok for last two months since I deployed these apps.

I tried all the ways to add cors in plesk i managed to find including https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12377597400087

but still no luck

Can anyone help with that?

Why is CORS needed in the first place? Where is your application getting input from that this is required?

Why is CORS needed in the first place? Where is your application getting input from that this is required?
Hello

There's a node api and two NEXT js apps which make requests to it
node api uses express cors middleware like so

app.use(cors());
All of a sudden we started seeing cors errors in the console on each request however no changes were neither in code nor in plesk settings recently.

Hello
Ok, so we had temporary domain for node api and tried adding domain name we own. we added that on august 7 and that helped but today we're again seeing CORS error. Can someone help figure out that weird behaviour?

Back