1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk not seeing backup in /dumps/ folder

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Decius, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Decius

Decius Guest

Hi there,

As per http://kb.odin.com/en/5969, I copied the contents of the dump folder from one server to the other.

i cannot use the migration manager because the old server is having disk issues.

When I move the contents of /var/lib/psa/dumps from the old server to the new one, I do it exactly as it is in the old one. I chown and chmod the entire directory to psaadm, 777.

When i go into the new server and try to restore the data, it has no idea the data exists - it says "no backups".

What is happening?

2. Decius

Decius Guest

This was remedied by updating to the latest plesk version.

In addition, the .discovery folder was not transferred from the old server, for some odd reason, so I manually did that.

So it could have been either issue, but it worked after that. I now have version 9.5.

3. iz_der

iz_der New Pleskian

please how do you edit the .discovery