• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk not suitable for Mailserver / Slave-NS-Server with multiple alias domains

hotti1

New Pleskian
We wanted to use PLESK to manage a mail and NS server. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem suitable for running multiple alias domains without web hosting as mail and slave DNS.
The manual is also incomplete or incorrect in this regard.
If anyone has an idea, it would be very welcome.

Some of the Problems:
a) Error messages on the domain display ==> DNS "Host name cannot be resolved" although it is not correct. A "dig @server xyz.tld SOA" shows correct results. The manual does not explain the problem.
b) There is no help for the automated creation of certificates via Lets-Encrypt (espacially the "webmail"-Subdomains) - if I had to manually install the certificates for 50 domains every 3 months via PLESK, I don't need an administration tool :)
c) Migration from an old server with Plesk12.5 shows a migration error (virus protection not installed), but it was not installed on the old server either. There is no reference to this in the manual.
d) It would be necessary to transfer the customer and domain data and then the email data when migrating to a new server. Unfortunately, nowhere is it described whether the transfer of the emails takes place incrementally.
e) The manual help for setting up email security is, in my opinion, very rudimentary and incomprehensible.

Hopefully,
Mike

Back