• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Plesk not updating from 17.5.3 to 17.8.11

inseljohn

New Pleskian
Hi,

I get the update in Plesk Installer (summary.html) at 17.8.11, but it does not install. The message "Plesk installer is being updated" appears, then for a few seconds the message "The Plesk installer has been updated" appears and then it jumps directly to the menu for adding components.

What can this be?

Greeting

Just try to upgrade your Plesk with following CLI command:

# plesk installer

and then follow to the menu.

Hi Igor,

thanks for ur help. I've tried it via CLI, but i get an error. I don't know whats wrong.... Do you know what this means?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 14
I suggest you switch locale of console to English with something like:

# export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"

and run upgrade again.

Hi Igor,

now it runs longer, but it comes in the end again an error message...plesk is now at 17.8.11, but also has an error.
Could plesk repair all help?

Thank u!

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 14
Try to run

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

and then

# plesk repair installation

Hi Igor,

Thank you very much. That helped :) Now Plesk runs at least at first glance without problems. However, at the last command "plesk repair installation" came a hint. Is this a problem? The file plesk17.8.11_repair_problems.log does not exist in the folder var / log / plesk / install.

greetings

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 10
Ah, and i get a warning in Plesk in Systemupdates:
Warning: The information for some packages may not be up-to-date: inconsistencies were found in the system package manager database. Fix this problem manually.

Back