• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk on a VPS - isolate sites

rjbathgate

New Pleskian
Hi,

We have Plesk 12 .0.18, running on Centos VPS box, with 7 domains set up all as individual sites.

Each of these 7 is also it's own Subscription, but set to the same single subscriber (me).

We have no customers or resellers set up.

If there is a problem with one of the websites set up on this box, (e.g. resources usage etc) it can bring the whole VPS to slowdown or fall over.

Is there a feasible way to set it up so each 'domain' (or subscription) is isolated so if there is any issues on one particular site, that (and the services for it) might fall over/slow down, but all other sites are unaffected? Bit like a shared server set up I guess.

I'm not sure if this would be possible for some services, but perhaps by setting resource sharing levels so each site has it's own allocated resource level?

I know we should remove the cause of any slowdown in the first place but this isn't fully feasible yet, and the above is hopefully going to form part of the debugging (isolation) as to the cause of any fall over.

Many thanks in advance

Back