• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk on Amazon EC2

S

ShafiqB

Hi,
I have installed Plesk on an Amazon EC2 instance (m1.small). The installation was smooth and successful and control panel is also working fine but the hosted website is displaying default Plesk page instead of website contents. However, when I preview website from Plesk it shows webstie contents perfectly. Can anybody please help in resolving the issue?

Plesk: 10.2

Thank you.

Dear IgorG,
Thanks for the quick response. I couldn't see it before, just going to read it. Can you please guide about the ami-7a4ab413, is it safe to use it for our server instance?
Thank you.

The image ami-7a4ab413 is 64-bit, is there any 32-bit equivalent available?

Hello, ShafiqB.

As Igor said, we have started application of Amazon EC2 from x64 image based on CentOS 5.
Parallels is going to extend its presence on Amazon EC2 further.

I'd be grateful you help us to shape next iteration on this direction with answering a couple of questions.

1. Is it important for you to utilize Small instance? Why?
2. How many websites are you going to run on the VM?

Hi Sergius,
Your services for AWS would highly be appreciated. As Plesk is the most robust hosting control panel, I am interested to install it on an EC2 instance but facing troubles. The image ami-7a4ab413 allow me to choose micro or large instance but it doesn't allow me to choose small instance. I think micro will be useless for us and large will be too much expensive. If you can modify this image or provide separately another image for small instances, I will be grateful to you.

1) Utilizing small instance is important due to its reasonable cost.
2) There will be less than 100 websites on our EC2 instance.

Thank you.

Hi Parallels Team,
I have deployed another EC2 instance using your image ami-7a4ab413 (t1.micro) but I am still getting the same Plesk default page instead of my contents (a temp page) just like my installation of Plesk earlier:

Website URL:
http://businesstopnews.com/

Plesk Preview:
https://50.17.199.42:8443/siteprevi.../?randomHash=7d2332099f1da3164e6de5d0cc92adb4

I was expecting the following command will resolve the issue:
# /usr/local/psa/bin/amazon_setup_ip 50.17.199.42

But the issue is still there. Kindly help me in resolving the issue, I am extremely grateful to you.
Thank you.

Hi Parallels Team,
Is there any update on my issue? It seems like the integration of Elastic IP with Plesk is causing this problem. I think a minor configuration change can make my favourite panel up and running on the cloud. Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have confirmed the IP the domain is resolved to and this domain IP in Plesk is the same. The hosting for this domain is configured and enabled. I think Plesk doesn't recognize Elastic IP properly. I have tried instructions in the article http://kb.odin.com/en/111348 multiple times. I think the commands:
/usr/local/psa/bin/amazon_setup_ip <external IP>
and
/usr/local/psa/bin/amazon_update_ip <new external IP>
don't solve the purpose for which these are made.

Can any Plesk guru please confirm whether it works on EC2?

I don't want to waste further time and want to switch to some other panel.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't I find image ami-7a4ab413 on Amazon AWS? Neider in US or EU zones.
Was it removed? I would also like to try Plesk in the AWS.

@ShafiqB: Your issue(s) are old but I know that they offer some kind of fixed IP now, maybe that solves your problem?

I want to test Amazon EC2. Can anyone confirm that the image is still there? Can anybody confirm that plesk works on Amazon EC2?

Thanks a lot

Yes, you can use it:

1. Login with your account on page https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/
2. Select US East region in drop-box menu
3. Click to 'instances'
4. Click to 'launch instance'
5. Select 'community AMI' in window
6. Search ami-7a4ab413 there.

Yes, it is there.

Igor, can you make any recommendations on how to acquire licensing for use with this image?

Yes, I meant Plesk license, I thought it needs different license, different price, etc.
I thought maybe we should/can buy them from Aamzon.

Hi all,

The Plesk AMI image on Amazon instances has only 10GB on the /dev/sda1 partition. 5GB are used by the plesk itself so you only have 5 gb to store webs.

I can´t attach a new volume because the volume is in a different partition.

So how can I associate the /var/www to this new volume and move the content to the new volume?

Thanks

Back