• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Plesk on Cent OS 8

jimmy joseph

New Pleskian
Today i upgraded one of my servers to see how the migration goes with cent os 7.8 to cent OS 8. OS upgrade worked well, however, it completely broke my plesk installation.

questions -

1. Currently when i try to reinstall plesk i'm hitting on below error - how do i correct this?

[root@localhost bin]# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

ERROR: The Yum utility is not installed in your system.

Not all packages were installed.
Please resolve this issue and try to install the packages again.
Visit Plesk Help Center to search for a solution.
exit status 1

2. Is there a guideline for migrating existing plesk cent OS 7 to cent os 8?

thanks for responding. Can you please comment on this -

1. What is the best possible strategy for people like me? I do have plesk installed on cent OS 7.8 and got few websites inside. I would love to have this migrated to cent os 8. Do i need to install Cent OS 8 on a new VM and then manually migrate each and every website?

2. Does plesk support moving websites from one server to other - Sorry to ask this question - never done this in the past. Is there a help for that?

1. Yes, it is correct way.
2. Just go to Tools & Settings > Migration & Transfer Manager. More details in the official documentation here Introduction

Back