• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Plesk Onyx (17.8.1) Firewall Settings To Enable PPTP connection.

ArshadM

New Pleskian
In the past I have been using PPTP succesfuly by following the procedure as described at Install PPTP on CentOS 5 - CS Labs Wiki ,

while not enabling Firewall in Plesk Contol Panel
but enabling firewall in Plesk Virtuzzo and selecting option Advanced firewall mode with default policy Accept

Now, when I enable Plesk Firewall with the default firewall rules & run the script covering the below list of commands, PPTP starts working, however other services such as mail, ftp etc stop working and iptables -L shows limited details. When I restart the server all settings are reset to default firewall rules but PPTP don't work.

#!/bin/bash
/sbin/iptables -F
/sbin/iptables -P INPUT DROP
/sbin/iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o venet0 -j MASQUERADE
/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -i ppp+ -o venet0 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -i venet0 -o ppp+ -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -i venet0 -p tcp --dport 1723 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -i venet0 -p gre -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p icmp -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
/sbin/service iptables save
/sbin/iptables -L -v

Now how to add firewall rules in Plesk (onyx) to allow pptp connection covering the above details ?

Is there any default rule which can be added to allow pptp connections at port 1723 ?

Regards.

Arshad Malik.

Attachments

• Firewall.jpg
    Firewall.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 6
Back