• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 log files

SacAutos

Regular Pleskian
A week or so ago I updated my CentOS 6.9 server from the previous edition of Plesk to 17.8.11. All went smoothly. However, today I have found an issue with the log files.

I archive all my website log files quarterly on a manual basis. So I have the log rotation for turned off. That had allowed the access_log.processed and access_ssl_log.processed files to accumulate on a daily basis. Then, at the end of each quarter, I zip them up and archive them for historical purposes.

Today I happened to look at my logs. They are not accumulating. Instead, it appears that the ".processed" files are the previous day's activity.

Something changed as a result of the update. How do I restore the previous behavior?

Here's a screenshot of my log rotation pop-over

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 10.51.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 10.51.04 AM.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 15
This may seem like a minor issue; but it's actually a fairly big deal. I ran some tests since I first posted this alert. It impacts logs regardless whether awstats or webalizer is being used. I also ran a test by enabling log rotation for a subscription. No change: the access_log.processed and access_ssl_log.processed files on my server are being replaced each evening by the current day's log file rather than accumulating.

This is a big issue because, if I need to go back a few days to review the log files for a site, I can't. That's bad for security. Until I get a fix on this, I'm not updating any more servers with the new release. Help??

Back