• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Plesk Obsidian Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning/Day/Evening!
1f642.png
:)

Happy to say that Plesk Onyx 17.9.7 Preview build has been published! Let's don't wait for auto-update of your preview builds, do it right now!
Don't have it installed yet? Use how to install https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/onyx/online-demos/

Main delivery of the build:
* Users can now remove the Plesk mail service for a domain or choose not to create it when a domain is created. This is useful when using a remote mail service - mail to domains hosted in Plesk will no longer be delivered locally.
* The SEO Toolkit extension is now installed by default with Plesk. Now you can do SEO for your sites out of the box.
* Multiple stability improvements in restart of PHP-FPM services according to your feedback in support and forum. PHP-FPM for PHP versions 7.1 and 7.2 no longer occasionally hangs during its reload or restart.
* Improved the “Change Your Password” screen: password strength is now checked on the fly, plus users can now create a strong password with one click using the “Generate” button.
* The Plesk administrator can now select the type of Apache restart (graceful or normal) in “Tools & Settings” > “Apache Web Server” (under “General Settings”).
* Added the Comodo Free ModSecurity rule set, which provides a starter version of the Comodo ModSecurity rules. (you can use this option as an alternative to Atomic)
* Updated Fail2ban to version 0.10.3.1. Fail2ban now protects against attackers with IPv6 addresses.
* Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.11.
* Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.23.

Detailed release notes can be found here Change Log for Plesk

Hello,

I'm glad to announce Plesk 17.9.8 Preview has been published.
Let's don't wait for auto-update of your preview builds, do it right now!

Release Notes / How to install the preview build

Main Deliveries
* Users can now add nested routes using the extensions SDK.
* PHP 7.3 RC is now shipped with Plesk.
* PHP extensions designed for WordPress hosting (sodium, exif, and fileinfo) are now precompiled into PHP engines shipped with Plesk.
* Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.12.
* Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.24.
* Updated Roundcube to version 1.3.8.
* Updated libcurl to version 7.61 in Plesk Installer.
* Updated OpenSSL to version 1.1.1.
* Updated MailEnable to version 10.19.

My plesk setup is kinda broken. It is no longer able to update because of PERL and sa-compile errors. phpmyadmin also no longer working.

Hi @Marcel Dunkelberg,

Please provide more details about how it's happened:
1. When this issue appeared? Is it caused because of an upgrade to Plesk 17.9.8?
2. Which version of Plesk did you use before the upgrade?

Also, feel free to contact our support to investigate the issue Plesk Help Center

Hi @Marcel Dunkelberg,

Please provide more details about how it's happened:
1. When this issue appeared? Is it caused because of an upgrade to Plesk 17.9.8?
2. Which version of Plesk did you use before the upgrade?

Also, feel free to contact our support to investigate the issue Plesk Help Center

Sorry for late reply, lots of work to do atm :(

1. Plesk is installed as 17.9.8 (so does the main menu tell me) but always tells me that an update to 17.9.8 is available. Now I cannot longer install any feature or system package because of the following error:

Running sa-compile (may take a long time)
plugin: failed to parse plugin (from @INC): Can't locate Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Warden.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Mail::SpamAssassin::plugin::Warden module) (@INC contains: /usr/share/perl5 /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.18.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.18.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.18 /usr/share/perl/5.18 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at (eval 39) line 1.

Nov 27 12:02:18.135 [4258] info: config: pyzor_path "/usr/bin/pyzor" isn't an executable
Nov 27 12:02:18.135 [4258] info: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, "/usr/bin/pyzor" is not valid for "pyzor_path", skipping: pyzor_path /usr/bin/pyzor
sa-compile: not compiling; 'spamassassin --lint' check failed!
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes sa-compile (--configure):
Unterprozess installiertes post-installation-Skript gab den Fehlerwert 2 zurück
plesk-libpoco-1.9.0 (1.9.0-ubuntu.14.04.181116.1647) wird eingerichtet ...
psa-courier-unicode (2.0-ubuntu.14.04.181116.1647) wird eingerichtet ...
php5-ioncube-loader (10.2.1-ubuntu.14.04.181116.1647) wird eingerichtet ...
Trying to register the ionCube loader... done
psa-pear (1.10.5-20180124.ubuntu.14.04.181116.1647) wird eingerichtet ...
sw-tar (1.29-2.ubuntu.14.04.181116.1647) wird eingerichtet ...
Trigger für libc-bin (2.19-0ubuntu6.14) werden verarbeitet ...
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
sa-compile
N: Datei »plesk.list.ai_back« in Verzeichnis »/etc/apt/sources.list.d/« wird ignoriert, da sie eine ungültige Dateinamen-Erweiterung hat.
N: Datei »plesk.list.ai_back« in Verzeichnis »/etc/apt/sources.list.d/« wird ignoriert, da sie eine ungültige Dateinamen-Erweiterung hat.
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

SA-COMPILE is always failing, additionally the phpmyadmin is completely broken. When I try to open phpmyadmin I'm getting this error:

phpMyAdmin - Error

Error during session start; please check your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly. Also ensure that cookies are enabled in your browser.

session_start(): open(SESSION_FILE, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)

session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: ./tmp/session)

@Marcel Dunkelberg - got it. Looks like the issue is not related to Plesk Preview update. Such errors could cause when the Warden Anti-spam and Virus Protection extension was not fully removed.

For fix please try the following:
  1. Connect to the server via SSH.
  2. Backup init.pre configuration file:
    # cp -rp /etc/spamassassin/init.pre /etc/spamassassin/init.pre.back

3. Open text editor (for example: vi text editor) and comment out the plugin enabling line for Mail::SpamAssassin::plugin::Warden at the /etc/spamassassin/init.pre file:
    # vi /etc/spamassassin/init.pre

Before edit:
    # grep -r Warden /etc/spamassassin/init.pre
    loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::plugin::Warden

After edit:
    # grep -r Warden /etc/spamassassin/init.pre
    #loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::plugin::Warden

4. Install the missing package pyzor using the following command:
    # apt install pyzor

5. Re-run the initial failed apt command:
    # apt purge

Thanks @Anthony . In the next release I'll make sure that the load Warden plugin line gets commented out when a user removes Warden.

Last edited:
I am greatly concerned with this statement

'The PageSpeed module is now precompiled with nginx."

not all websites work correctly when pagespeed is done messing with them.. this should be something that is available per domain/subscriptoin.

also.. where is the TLS1.3 support in the plesk version NGINX?

MagicSpam going to be working again???

this update seems like more bloat instead of delivering on what is actually being asked for. adding more features that need paid licenses instead of fixing issues in the software...

I am greatly concerned with this statement

'The PageSpeed module is now precompiled with nginx."

not all websites work correctly when pagespeed is done messing with them.. this should be something that is available per domain/subscriptoin.

also.. where is the TLS1.3 support in the plesk version NGINX?

MagicSpam going to be working again???

this update seems like more bloat instead of delivering on what is actually being asked for. adding more features that need paid licenses instead of fixing issues in the software...

Hello,

it's not because pagespeed is precompiled with nginx that it's automatically enabled on all websites.

About TLS 1.3, it still required to patch openssl before compiling Nginx due to several issues. So Plesk is problably waiting for something stable.

MagicSpam work fine on Plesk 17.9.X

Hello,

I'm glad to announce Plesk 17.9.9 Preview has been published.

Main Deliveries

* The Plesk administrator can now change passwords of customers, resellers, and additional users by automatically sending them an email with a password reset link.
fmp1.png
fmp2.png
fmp3.png

* Starting with MailEnable version 10.20, users can secure mail for a domain with individual SSL/TLS certificates. It is particularly useful for those, who use Apple Mail to access mail on Plesk for Windows. They can now access mail via SSL/TLS connection and without a warning that the SSL/TLS certificate securing the mail server cannot be verified.
sni1.png

sni2.png

* During the holiday season, users can select the Christmas theme in Skins and Color Schemes.
christmas1.png

* The Plesk login pages (`https://<...>:8443`) are no longer indexed by crawlers.
* Updated phpMyAdmin to version 4.8.4, which includes fixes for multiple security issues .
* Updated PHP 7.3RC to version 7.3.0.
* Updated collectd to version 5.8.1.
* Updated nginx to version 1.14.1.
* Web Deploy 4.0 is now shipped with Plesk.
* Updated MailEnable to version 10.20.
* Updated libcurl to version 7.62.0.

Hi everyone, two bugs within first 48hrs during a test journey, everything else looks great.

Code:
 MySQL said: Documentation
#1142 - SELECT command denied to user 'pma_IyhHa7ip8WdK'@'localhost' for table 'pma_column_info'

This happened after upgrading from 17.8.11 to 17.9.9

to get this error .. simply access to phpmyadmin for the server or a database and navigate from one database to another

the solution I did is to change the privileges of "pma_IyhHa7ip8WdK" to ALL PRIVILEGES in Global privileges column

In fact, I don't know where this user pma_IyhHa7ip8WdK is came from after the upgrade.

and there is another issue I've post it as a bug by mistake.

download some docker images and try to delete them via popup, you'll face an infinite page scroll loop on Firefox 64.0.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm glad to announce Plesk 17.9.10 Preview has been published.

Main Deliveries
  • Users can now gracefully stop Plesk Installer by running `plesk installer stop`.
    • This command stops Plesk Installer only when it is safe to do so and with no negative impact on the server.
    • You can also stop Plesk Installer by running the `plesk installer stop --terminate`.
    • This command stops Plesk Installer at once but it can have negative impact on the server.
  • The Plesk administrator can now bypass the two-factor authentication by Google Authenticator by running the `plesk login -support` command, which generates a one-time login link for logging in to Plesk.
  • Sped up removing backups from FTP and remote cloud storage. The total time of backup removal is now more than 4 times faster (9 seconds against 43 seconds earlier).
  • Webmail clients now use modern PHP 7.3 shipped with Plesk. We update PHP within 2 business days, which allows us to promptly fix security issues.
    • Webmail clients on existing domains will be automatically switched to use plesk-php73 fastcgi.
    • Webmail clients on newly created domains will use plesk-php73 fastcgi right from the start.
    • The Horde and Roundcube components in Plesk Autoinstaller now require the plesk-php-7.3 component.
  • Updated libcurl to version 7.63.0.
  • Updated BIND to version 9.12.3.
  • Updated PHP 7.3 to version 7.3.1.
  • Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.14.
  • Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.26.
  • Updated PHP 5.6 to version 5.6.40.

Hello

I'am a few surprised by this new version... I have really not see nothing that give us an great feature between plesk 17.9 and 17.8... Really hope that some feature as SSL for each domain for mail webserver (and not only for windows) will be possible early, or global mail limits.

I also hoped for more regarding SSL in combination with mails. This is the pain point number one ATM.

Hi @sebgonzes
I'am a few surprised by this new version... I have really not see nothing that give us an great feature between plesk 17.9 and 17.8.

It depends on what you are expecting from this new version of Plesk. A lot of our customers asked an ability to use Plesk Panel without 8443 port, to have the ability to Restrict Administrators actions, and a lot of other small tuning things which already mentioned in the preview release notes.

BTW, a couple of cool features on the way. 'SSL for each domain for a mail web server' is one of them. We are waiting when Postfix supports this it and then we'll implement this feature for Postfix+Dovecot configuration.

'SSL for each domain for a mail web server' is one of them. We are waiting when Postfix supports this it and then we'll implement this feature for Postfix+Dovecot configuration.

I see this feature as a essential part of encrypted remote mail service, without it.. users will have to use port 25 to send none-encrypted messages from email client like apple. we want this ASAP from Postfix first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back