• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Onyx as a Dkim-Generator

Lendh

New Pleskian
Hello,
Among all the other fabulous settings i used Plesk Onyx as a DKIM - generator for 3 Domains by installing the DNS-settings and placed the TXT-records to the external DNS-server, because its a virtual server. Everything works fine.

Is it ok to now deinstall the DNS settings? Will i then loose the DKIM-key etc or are they saved and controlled independently?

Greetings from Berlin
Lendh

If you added the DKIM (and optional SPF) records to your external DNS server, and not pointing the nameservers of the domain to the plesk server (so you use the nameservers of the registrar) it should not matter to delete them on the plesk server. But why bother? If they are not used its fine, but in case they do need to be used you've deleted them for no performance/disk space profit....

well, BIND doesn't use alot of resources, and especially if you don't have your domain name's nameservers pointed to plesk it doesn't have to respond to anything. I don't even see it come up in my HTOP window (epel repository, great alternative to TOP). so it doesnt consume any resources for me, and that was on a 2 core, 4G vps. (now 16 core dedi)

well, BIND doesn't use alot of resources, ...
Last years performance was not important, because i only had one small info- and contact-website, but know i'm building a wordpress lms (learning management system) - site with online courses (webinars) for - i hope - many interested people. That might cause a lot of traffic and i really don't know, which server model will be nessessary to service it easily. Now its a 4 vcores, 4gb Ram, 6gb dynRam, 125gb SSD VServer, enough for the old and building the new site. I will have a look at HTOP, that's new for me. Observing the server performance, when the new site goes online, will for shure be a must to be prepared to migrate to a RootDS or own Rootserver at the right time. Thanks for your help, aadje93

Try to use as much caching as possible, like W3 total cache, and if you don't use https (which i DO suggest to use for security and a slight SEO boost) then varnish can cache normal http pages that are static.

I do want to note, when ram can be "dynamicly allocated" to increase your available ram, it means its using balooning, which can also push it down if the host server needs memory... not a nice habbit if you ask me.

But with some good configuration you should handle the site fine for thousands of visits per day.

Back