• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Onyx failed to upgrade and now no Mail service is installed

A.Chakery

Basic Pleskian
hello,

Today I came to check why my email is not working, then I noticed that there is red message saying plesk failed to upgrade and when I go to upgrade section it says plesk is not installed at all!!!!

And when. i try to reinstall it it says :

Code:
Unable to retrieve the information about the packages installed in the system:
Failed to read output from the rpm utility.
autoinstaller: Error in execution of rpm

Please help. I really need my email.

Thank you

Thank you for your reply.

I forced re-update using SSH and everything came back online but BIND DNS. Therefore, I removed it and installed it for 3 times and finally it worked.

I have no idea why this issue happened in the first place but I think Plesk should really do something about it.

This is not a first time that I face such an issue. I disabled the auto-update which is not really a wise decision but it seems that I have to.

Hi A.Chakery,

I have no idea why this issue happened in the first place but I think Plesk should really do something about it.
Sorry to mention that, but due to the fact that other users don't experience such issues, you should consider to INVESTIGATE your issue with the help of log - files.
Only if you provide a decent BUG - report, with enough information how to reproduce your issue ( at for example => Home > Forum > Plesk Discussion > Reports ), the Plesk - Team - Members at this Plesk Community Forum are able to hand it over to the Plesk - developpers.

Back