• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Onyx - How to disable Fail2ban Service in Rescue Mode on Centos 7

AlexL777

New Pleskian
Hello Community and Developers,

I rarely turn to you, but then there are always powerful problems. From one hour to the other Plesk has closed all ports, probably because of incorrectly registered jails for the ports like 22, 80 and more.

Now I have logged in through my webhosting in the console via SSH in Rescue Mode and try to disable Fail2ban.

Unfortunately, normal Centos 7/Linux Commandos do not work in Rescue Mode. Is there a way to start MariaDB Service and disable Fail2ban in rescue mode?

When I work with "nmap" command, I can see well that port 80 is closed. Apparently almost all server ports are closed. Maybe a hacker attack took place, so the server blocked all Internet traffic.

How do I get out of this mess or can you help me?

I use Plesk Onyx, Centos 7.4 and MariaDB 10.x or also Fail2ban from Plesk.

Thanks in Advance.

Chmod iptables to 000 while in rescue, and then reboot back to normal. It will fail to start essentially resolving the issue. Should be self explanatory at this point :)

Back