• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Onyx on Ubuntu - access to mysql remotely

digitalberg

New Pleskian
Hi all,

We are unable to connect MySql from any third party tools like HeidiSQL and unable to connect from Windows Server 2012 too.

For your reference following is the connection string of web.config file of Windows Server.

<add name="ConnMySql" connectionString="Server=62.88.88.80; Port=3306; Database=tdsm;Uid=mas1; Pwd=Dsdsdsd; " providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" />

For your reference attached the screenshot of third party tools error.

Also, I have used this instruction but still no luck: How to enable remote access to MySQL database server

Please advice on this matter.

Regards
Q

Attachments

• connection-error.png
    connection-error.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 11
Are you sure that there is no any specific firewall rules and port 3306 is not firewalled on this server?
I try to connect to this MySQL server from my server and see following:

$ telnet 62.88.88.80 3306
Trying 62.88.88.80...
telnet: connect to address 62.88.88.80: Connection timed out

Have you tried this test from your workstation?

Please accept my apologies, the IP address I mentioned is incorrect for security reason :)

Yes there is no firewall, but I managed to open 3306 port there was a small bug in the ubuntu, however, still struggling to grant access to specific IP from the p.2 : How to enable remote access to MySQL database server

Still getting the same error: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'server' (10061)

you have these 3 options when you are creating a database (as admin)

Access control
- Allow local connections only
- Allow remote connections from any host
- Allow remote connections from

If you are working on existing database, there is no option to change above options. Idea - you can create a new database with "Allow remote connections from any host" and import the old database.

Also make sure this is NOT in your my.cnf
[mysqld]
bind-address = 127.0.0.1 or localhost

If you are working on existing database, there is no option to change above options.
Sorry, this statement is incorrect.

If you desire to change existing privileges, you would login as "admin" over PHPmyAdmin ( => HOME > Tools & Settings > Database Servers - - choose the button/icon Plesk-Onyx_Tools-Settings_Database-Servers_customize.png at the right side of your datbase server ).
At the PHPmyAdmin - Interface, choose the desired database, go to "Privileges", choose the "global" or "database-specific" action "Edit privileges" and choose there

=> "Login information". ( Don't forget to choose the desired options at the bottom: "Create a new user account with the same privileges and …" after your changes! ;) )

Back