• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Panels Web Pages Run, But All Domains do not

danallen1

Basic Pleskian
A crashed update has all my hosted domains off line, but pleks panels works just fine, includoing phpmy admin.

How is that possible? Does it mean there might be an easu fix?

Try to fix it with

# plesk bin repair --installation

or

# plesk bin repair --web

There are some similar functions you can try :

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

/usr/local/psa/bin/repair --restore-vhosts-permissions

I tooks shots with all these commands to no avail. Of course, this comes after other things I tried, including deleting files I don't know much about, except they don't throw errors when they are deleted. The remaining errors, who knows?

The correct answer on how to recover starts with making snapshots of the server that can be used to roll back to a previous state. I have snapshots of the hosted domains, and snapshots of the backup server that has copies of the domain files, but no snapshots of the primary server. That is just stupid on my part, so I am fixing that.

Fortunately, this was a development server and I have the development environments fully restored on another server. I appreciate what I learned here about the commands you suggested.

Sure, that would have help me, if I had snaphost or some backup of the server files (and not only websites backup..). I learned these repairing commands recently as I made a huge stupid mistake one evening (something like "chgrp -R idontremindwhichgroup / " so affecting the whole server and not only in the rep I was in :confused:..).

By the way if you have a clean install of Plesk 12.0.18 (in preference like mine running on ubuntu (14 if that change something) with qmail and proftpd working), could you send me a text file containing all permissions of all files as set by default (you can delete all www/vhosts relative files if you prefer, as I already managed to get right permissions/group back for these files) ?
something like "# ls -la / " don't know which option to output this in a file and not on screen..

It's like an "ant work" to restore that (I posted a thread about this mistake here http://talk.plesk.com/threads/plesk...nd-mail-permission-denied.334963/#post-787642) but it could help me restoring last files groups and permissions which prevents ftp and email to run at the moment.

That could help me a lot if it is possible for you.

Thanx in advance.
(sorry for my english it s not my native langage)

Cheers

Back