• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Plus Panel 10.3.1 & MS Exchange

J

JTMZ

Hi Y'All,

I am praying that there is someone who can help me with my issue ... it is driving me mental.

I have a windows dedicated server (3.26GHz Quad, 8GB RAM, More than enough for the future)
The Machine: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Domain Controller, 3 IP Addresses.
Running SQL 2008 R2, Exchange 2007 & Plesk Plus Panel 10.3.1

The Plesk Panel has installed fine, it works and wesites are being populated wonderful.
SQL is integrated with the installation, tested and SQL apps can install and accounts for them.

Now the pain ...
I have an installation of Exchange 2007 which i cannot get to work, it has installed fine and Outlook Clients can connect to it but it will not received and handle any mail, although i have turned off the mail handling option within plesk so it does not manage the mail for it.

Plesk has only been configured with 2 of the 3 IP addresses, one is kept for RDC connection to the box and my plan ... for it to handle all exchange traffic as well.

** Please Note: I am not wanting Exchange to Integrate with Plesk, they will be seperate entities **

Has anyone managed to get Exchange and Plesk to run on the same box??
Anyone experiencing the same issue?? Help, Help, Help!!

If flatten the machine, which i did and start again installing Exchange first and the testing the box works perfectly.
It will receive mail through Exchange, allow connection, download and sending.

Now when i install Plesk Panel, thats when everything stops working ... i am now getting this error this morning:

--- BEGIN MESSAGE ---
'[email protected]' on <date> <time>
The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator.
<home #5.0.0 smtp;503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.>
--- END MESSAGE ---

I hope there is help available.

Thanks
Jonathan

Yes, internal Plesk MTA can conflict with Exchange on ports level at least...

Can you suggest a work around to get this working.
We are big enough for a dedicated sever but we are not big enough to afford a second for Exchange and Apps.

Surely there must be a way of getting Plesk & Exchange to work on the same server.

Sorry, but I haven't any experience. We never tested such installation. You can follow our requirements for Plesk installation or act on your own risk.

Is there anyone that has managed to get this to work??
If so would you be so kind as to share your resolution!!

Back