• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk pre-upgrade check

Erol

New Pleskian
I'm getting pre-upgrade warning:

WARNING: There are 11 accounts with passwords encrypted using a deprecated algorithm. Please refer to http://kb.plesk.com/en/112391 for the instructions about how to change the password type to plain.
Proceeding with installation or upgrade without resolving the issues that were found can corrupt your data.

Kb link added, is not helping me, so what to do?

Thanks
Erol

Actually, it is not error but warning. But you can find all these 11 accounts with following SQL query:

mysql> SELECT pname FROM clients where account_id in (SELECT id FROM accounts WHERE type='crypt' AND password not like '$%');

and then go to each client and update password. Passwords will be updated with correct security algorithm and you will be able to continue upgrade without this warning.

Thanks IgorG, Seems none of the clients have these accounts. Maybe email accounts then?
But as none of the clients have these accounts and problem might be only in email accounts, then I quess I will do the upgrade and deal with these accounts after that.

Yes, you can do it.
But if you need to find these email accounts, try to use

mysql> select concat(mail.mail_name,"@",domains.name) as address from mail,domains,accounts where mail.dom_id=domains.id and mail.account_id=accounts.id and mail.account_id in (SELECT id FROM accounts WHERE type='crypt' AND password not like '$%') order by address;

Same here.

I got the message:

Plesk pre-upgrade check
WARNING: There are 6 accounts with passwords encrypted using a deprecated algorithm. Please refer to http://kb.plesk.com/en/112391 for the instructions about how to change the password type to plain.

Your both SQL states don't give a result (empty result).

Any idea?

Ok, i found 6 accounts with no pwd and "plain" type in the accounts table. How can i find out which ID is which E-Mail oder Accountuser?

Or, better run the following query in order to identify if there are a users with not supported encryption:
mysql> SELECT * FROM accounts WHERE type='crypt' AND password not like '$%';

When you get the list, locate the domain name and the object it referres to. The below example is given for the database users:

mysql> select login, name from db_users, domains where account_id in (144,147,...etc)) and domains.id=db_users.dom_id;

Back