• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Premium Email by Kolab - RoundCube still the same

Luke0

New Pleskian
Hello,

today I bought a license for Premium Email by Kolab and installed everything (at extensions page). Afterwards I updated my subscription plans to allow Premium Email and synchronized all plans.
I tried as well to perform a system update but everything is already up to date (Roundcube v. 1.3.6)

But Roundcube is still the same - there's no responsive design, no calendar...
The only thing that is changed is that there are some additional mail folders such as spam.

So why isn't it working? How can I make it work?

Sorry if I missed some aspects but it's the first time that I have to ask something here.

Best Regards
Luke

Hi Luke0,

Looks like you miss some step(s). I have installed Kolab on a fresh test server to check this.

My steps:
- I installed a license, extension, everything at the extension page.
- I created an email box in one of exists subscriptions.
- I checked that I have a Roundcube as a Webmail service. At this step, it is really a Roundcube webmail (webmail .my-test-domain.com).
- I found what plan I use for the subscription with email.
- In 'Service Plan / Hosting Plans / <Plan Name> / "Permissions" tab', I enabled "Plesk Premium Mail" option; clicked the "Update & Sync" button. Wait for "The sync was successfully completed."
- I opened webmail again... Premium Email (webmail .my-test-domain.com).

The login page of Kolab looks different than Roundcube.

- I unticked "Plesk Premium Mail" option and got Roundcube again.

Could you please check that you configure the correct service plan and open the domain where you enabled Plesk Premium Email?

Hi Luke0,

Looks like you miss some step(s). I have installed Kolab on a fresh test server to check this.

My steps:
- I installed a license, extension, everything at the extension page.
- I created an email box in one of exists subscriptions.
- I checked that I have a Roundcube as a Webmail service. At this step, it is really a Roundcube webmail (webmail .my-test-domain.com).
- I found what plan I use for the subscription with email.
- In 'Service Plan / Hosting Plans / <Plan Name> / "Permissions" tab', I enabled "Plesk Premium Mail" option; clicked the "Update & Sync" button. Wait for "The sync was successfully completed."
- I opened webmail again... Premium Email (webmail .my-test-domain.com).

The login page of Kolab looks different than Roundcube.

- I unticked "Plesk Premium Mail" option and got Roundcube again.

Could you please check that you configure the correct service plan and open the domain where you enabled Plesk Premium Email?

Thanks for your help - it finally works!

But now I got another question:
All folders exist twice. Folders "Gesendet", "Entwürfe", "Spam", "Gelöscht" have "Posteingang" as parent but there are as well the folders "Sent", "Drafts", "Spam", "Trash" without a parent folder. Those folders have exactly the same purpose - they exist just in a different language.
So how can I get the folders "Sent", "Drafts", "Spam" and Trash removed? - I just want to keep the folders with "Posteingang" as parent.

I think it would work if I'd remove the content of $config['*_mbox'] ( $config['junk_mbox'] = 'Junk'; => $config['junk_mbox'] = '';] ) in the file /etc/roundcubemail/defaults.inc.php
Just wanted to ask before I destroy anything important in the Plesk generated configs :) Or is there another solution for this?

Best regards,
Luke

Hi,

Hi Luke0,
I have installed Kolab on a fresh test server to check this.

Did you manage to get a test license? Asking Plesk for a test license I was guided to Kolab and Kolab said they only could give me a test account on their system -> good enough to test the look&feel but not enough to test the extension itself.

Thanks,
Boas

Back