• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Premium Email shared calendars not sharing

Sander Scheer

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I've purchased the Plesk Premium Email extension, and I'm now trying to setup users and calendars. For some reason, I can share calendars but they don't show up in the account of the user the calendar was shared with.

I tried it in the Kolab webmail environment, and also in Outlook 2016. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I see any shared calendars in any of the accounts?

I am running Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.19 on CentOS Linux 7.7.1908.
Please help me out!

Hi all,

I've purchased the Plesk Premium Email extension, and I'm now trying to setup users and calendars. For some reason, I can share calendars but they don't show up in the account of the user the calendar was shared with.

I tried it in the Kolab webmail environment, and also in Outlook 2016. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I see any shared calendars in any of the accounts?

Please help me out!

Hi Sander,

if you shared a private calendar from one user to another one you can e.g. go to webmail -> settings -> folders -> other users and check which ones you want to see in your calendar view. In Outlook the prerequisite is that your account is connected via ActiveSync and not via IMAP. Then you can also open the calendar of another user via File -> Open and so on. Of course the calendar/folder/etc. needs to be shared with you and you have at least rights to read.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Jürgen

Hi Sander,

if you shared a private calendar from one user to another one you can e.g. go to webmail -> settings -> folders -> other users and check which ones you want to see in your calendar view. In Outlook the prerequisite is that your account is connected via ActiveSync and not via IMAP. Then you can also open the calendar of another user via File -> Open and so on. Of course the calendar/folder/etc. needs to be shared with you and you have at least rights to read.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Jürgen
Hi Jürgen,

That is exactly how I have connected (through ActiveSync). Which of the options do I need to pick on File -> Open? I have tried adding a shared calendar in the calendar view itself, but that gives no result. In the File -> Open part I can choose to open a calendar through ICS or VCS, a PST file, import/export or a folder from another user.

Thank you!

Hi Sander,

The menu is File -> Open -> "Folder from another user" (or similar, my Outlook unfortunately is German). Then you select the type "Calendar" and the folder.
Are you using Outlook on Windows or Mac? Probably you can attach some screenshots.

Regards,
Jürgen

If it is useful, I can give you credentials for both the addresses so you can check it on my environment as well?
No thank you, just reproduced the issue on a test account. But I receive a slightly different error from Outlook so I need to check with Kolab what is going on here. I will come back to you once this problem is solved!

Regards,
Jürgen

Hi Sander,

Kolab confirmed this to be a bug and they are fixing it at the moment. I'll come back to you when the fix has been released!

Regards,
Jürgen

@Jürgen Leber hmmm, the Caldav solution is also quite buggy. I have 16 agents trying to sync 6 calendars, and my server runs completely out of memory.
See here: Issue - plesk premium email high memery usage

So for now, my conclusion:
- Good old IMAP works like a charm
- ActiveSync works but has 2 flaws:
1. Syncing a large mailbox (11GB) will not work (mails are not downloaded)
2. Sharing calendars in Outlook 2016 doesn't work
- Caldav syncing of 6 calendars on 6 devices causes my server to completely run out of memory
- Working in the webmail works nice

My clients are quite unhappy with it...

Hello everyone, I resume this discussion because it is of my interest. I also ran into many problems with this component (out of PHP memory) unable to synchronize emails larger than 5MB. All respected (almost) with the Kolab update 16.12-4. Now I have another problem I cannot in any way share the address book and calendar. If I go to webmail and try to share this error appears, which I am attaching. I don't understand the reason and how to solve it

Attachments

• error sharing.JPG
    error sharing.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 9
Hi all,

I tried it in the Kolab webmail environment, and also in Outlook Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin 2016. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I see any shared calendars in any of the accounts?

Please help me out!
I cannot in any way share the address book and calendar. If I go to webmail and try to share this error appears, which I am attaching.

Back