• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Push Zone Records to cPanel DNS cluster?

R

robsimm

Hi there,

I've attempted to work with cPanel on this, but they stated that I need to 'automate' the upload of zone records from plesk to my cPanel DNS cluster?

Essentially, I am trying to achieve the following:

1x Centos 5.3 Server running cPanel DNS only (dns.domain.com)
1x Centos 5.3 Server running cPanel/WHM (lin.domain.com)
1x Windows Server 2003 running Plesk 9

I want all of the boxes to run under the nameservers:

ns1.domain.com
ns2.domain.com

Both of these nameservers reside on the cPanel DNS only server (dns.domain.com). I have got the zone files synchronising successfully between the two linux servers (as cPanel DNS has built in synchronisation), but I am now attempting to get my Plesk domains to sync with the dns server automatically, but have not found one solution so far.

The staff at cPanel have stated I need to "push" the zone information from my Plesk server to the cPanel DNS only server. Has anyone got a solution for this, or perhaps any ideas on how to achieve this?

Also, any comments on this solution or perhaps a more scalable solution would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to your responses.

We found its actually not that difficult to do

change to Bind DNS on the windows box and create a set of rsync scripts on the cpanel box or a windows rsync equivalent to grab or push the named files from the windows box and save to a temporary folder on the cpanel box and then create yourself a bash script to run after the sync to rename the files to the correct cpanel bind file name format and then move them to the /var/named directory and restart bind and your done

we run it as an hourly sync and have this working across a dozen Plesk windows and Plesk linux boxes

hope this helps someone as we looked for a workable solution for the past few years without finding something that actually worked

Hi,

Can u let us know the script you are using to rename the Dns zones to cpanel format.

Back