1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Reconfigurator issue

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by JFMatos, Nov 15, 2005.

1. JFMatos

JFMatos Guest

My dedicated server is shipped with Plesk 7.0.2 and Windows 2003 Server Web Edition.
    I pretend to change the virtual host from "C:\inetpub\vhost" to "C:\inetpub\wwwroot".
    I used PLESK RECONFIGURATOR but at the end there is no changes at all. In the "Specify new location" I browse and select "wwwroot" folder and "next" button.
    A warning box appears:

"(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot) is not an empty directory! Plesk needs to set security to this directory."

Selecting "next" buton Plesk Reconfigurator starts. At the end a error message appears :

"System.Exception: Error 3 at Open file '\\?\C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\horde\php.ini': The system cannot find the path specified.
    at psaobsolete.VirtualhostLocation.Change(String source, String dest)
    at reconfigurator.ChangeLocation.SetRelocateState()

Unfortunally, when the process ends there's no change at all.
    Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot in advance
    JFMatos

Note:
    The existing "wwwroot" folder contains the subfolders: _private, _vti_cnf, _vti_log, _vti_pvt, _vti_script, _vti_txt, aspnet_client and images

2. JackL

JackL Guest

It was not a good idea:
    1. Also Reconfigurator allows to change vhosts location, there are some known issues in 7.0.2
    2.It would be better to reinstall Plesk with desired options, or it is a best idea - initially install Plesk 7.5.5 or even 7.5.6 (currently not announced)

John S.G.