• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk restore old backup and delete active domains

Alberto hervas

New Pleskian
Hi, i'm very afraid because plesk restore an old backup and broke all my domains by himselft. I don't know what happen, yesterday (30 sept) nobody touch the server configuration and today (1 oct) al domains on server has restored from 23 may.

I think that plesk fail in backup process and restore an old backup. In browser backup administrator 0 files. Connecting with SSH i found in /var/lib/psa/dumps backups files of may, the bakcups of sept are corrupt.

WHAT HAPPENED?

Moreover, i install version 11 of plesk on september and now its degraded to 10.4.4.

Llogs do not contain any records from May to September.

PLEASE HELP, My clients eat me.

Plesk would NEVER restore from a backup unless explicitly requested. So someone did a restore between 30 Sep and 01 Oct.
Plesk would NEVER downgrade (just no such feature). So I think your server was ruined (i.e. hardware failure) and your VPS/Dedicated provider restored it from their backup. Which is apparently quite old one.
You shall address all further questions to your provider. Normally they would contact you in case of failure.

If you have more recent backups, I would recommend to upgrade back to 11.0 and restore from newer backup.

Back