• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Scheduler Tasks - Disabling, Hanging

Ste - Valtex

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have used the search function, however to no avail. I need some answers before doing anything drastic, hopefully you can help.

This is on a server that we have inherited by taking on a new customer, I have no prior experience of Plesk, but do have plenty with Server 2008 being run as standard without third party software.

Server:
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
Xeon CPI X3430
8GB Ram
Running Parallels Plesk 11.0.9

Problem:
Once a week or so, one of the Plesk Administrator Scheduled tasks hangs, and with it holds 25% of the CPU (one core) ransom. I have to manually end the php.exe task in order to release the CPU.

As you can imagine this has detrimental effects to the server performance.

The site being served on this server is a busy website, and I'm fairly sure some of the processes in the daily/weekly script tasks are too big due to the amount of traffic, and hence the hang.

What i would like to know is, is this a known issue? Is there an easy way around it?

Am I going to have any issues if I stop the Daily Script Task?

How can I stop the Weekly Script Task? As Above, will I have any issues if I do?

If all these tasks do is run statistics on space/bandwidth used and some kind of internal Plesk statistics, I can confirm that I do not use these, and never will.

Any help on this subject would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Ste

Back