• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk screws-up EVERY ASP.NET application

F

feken

Plesk totally screws-up any ASP.NET application. Because sites are actually created as virtual directories ASP.NET applications think that they need to add the directory name when a postback is done. this results in URL's that dont exist. like www.mydomain.nl/mydomain.nl_non_ssl/page.aspx which ofcourse is not there...

I cannot find a way to work around this behaviour... anyone ? this makes plesk totally useless for ASP.NET applications.

Try it with any ASP.NET starterkit.. it won't work (I use the TimeTracker and www.dasblog.net (try the skin links))

Hope anyone can help,

Flores Eken

thats interresting... on my server that doesn't work. Did you do something special to set it up this way. I have a pretty default setup and I get an 404 error when I try this.

Try going to "web site" in IIS (you're running 6 right?) and right click and go to "properties" click on "Home Directory" tab, then go to "Configuration" (for scripts). Under the "Options" tab, enable root paths w/ VB Script as the language.

Let me know if this works.

Yes, it looks really bad, and especially to customers. It is something plesk needs to fix. Be warned, if you have any FrontPage users, they may have to enter www.domain.com/domain.com_non_ssl/ to connect. Really confusing for most FrontPage users because they aren't net savvy like the rest of us.

It is a big problem we are having, it looks like this should all be fixed in the upcoming patch.

I haven't heard what all is being fixed in the upcoming patch. I wish they would post "Patch Info" on there site. It would probably make a lot of users feel better knowing what they are trying to fix.

I do know the IP Aliasing problem is fixed (16 IP Limit), but the fix is not currenlty ready for patch release. And the statistics problems appear to be fixed (and this looks ready to release).

I believe autoresponders should be fixed in the patch, along with a few other little things I have found.

There will be a list of fixes in the text file that accompanies the patch.

A text file w/ the patch is great, but they need to post what is currently being worked on. I need to know what is being fixed now. I"m getting this info, but I should be able to look it up somewhere, even if it's password protected. Everyone on this site just about knows whats wrong, so there is no reason they couldn't post a list of what fixes they are working on for this patch right here.

Hi PaulC,

Out of curiosity, which problem have you reported regarding the autoresponders? On our end, we have noticed that when you set up an autoresponder on a mailbox which contains aliases, the autoresponder will only be triggered if the message is addressed to the mailbox name, but not if it's addressed to one of the aliases.

tdscom,

The problem we are having is when an autoresponder is setup, it doesnt send anything out, as if there is no autoresponder.

I believe this is fixed, I have spoken to somebody at Plesk and "Intermittant Autoresponder issue" is on the fix list, so that may be it.

Back