• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to back up applications packages

SigmundS

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.46 Update #1, last updated on Sept 17, 2022 09:27 PM
Hello there,
I have updated my Server from Ubuntu 16.04 LTS to 20.04 LTS and Plesk from 18.0.35 to 18.0.46.
So far I could solve all problems using google and this Forum. Now I get an error after daily Backups. The error msg is as follows:

Unable to back up applications packages. Error: ODBC error #28000: [ma-3.0.8]Plugin caching_sha2_password could not be loaded: /usr/lib/mariadb/plugin/caching_sha2_password.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I must admit, I can't remember if MariaDB was installed before. It's not installed at the moment. But there seem to be some entries in the Backup Database of Plesk (?) or something that the backup process thinks it is or was installed.
I didn't and don't use mariadb and anyone who might have used it hasn't complained that it is missing, so I just want to remove any old entries that keep the backup from running properly. Does anyone know where I can find that db and how I remove the entries without destroying the db and plesk or anything at all?

Thx 4 F1.

st.

Back