1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

"plesk scrubber" add-on

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by rossgile, Aug 25, 2005.

1. rossgile

rossgile Guest

I suggest adding some kind of plesk cleaner module to your application.

Here are my first suggestions to the "plesk scrubber":

1. Check all MX records that point to to a CNAME record. Suggest that you change them to A records. This will make your system run more efficient since when a MX record is referenced, there is only one lookup on the DNS server - not two with a CNAME record.

2. List all E-mail accounts that have no mailbox, forwarding or anything else. Obviously, e-mail accounts that are not setup to go anywhere are worthless in Plesk. I have one client that had over 100 e-mail accounts that were basically DOA (no mailbox, forwarding, group, etc.)

Do you any other suggestions? I bet if you add your own ideas, Plesk folks will create a "plesk scubber" for us to manage our hosting clients better.

- Ross

2. rossgile

rossgile Guest

another suggestion:

Check all mailboxes to see if the SpamAssassin is turned on. I'm finding SpamAssassin turned off on a lot of mailboxes on my server.

It would be nice to tell "plesk scrubber" to turn on SpamAssassin on all mailboxes.

- rg

3. ProfiTiger

ProfiTiger Guest