1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

"plesk scrubber" add-on

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by rossgile, Aug 25, 2005.

1. rossgile

rossgile Guest

I suggest adding some kind of plesk cleaner module to your application.

Here are my first suggestions to the "plesk scrubber":

1. Check all MX records that point to to a CNAME record. Suggest that you change them to A records. This will make your system run more efficient since when a MX record is referenced, there is only one lookup on the DNS server - not two with a CNAME record.

2. List all E-mail accounts that have no mailbox, forwarding or anything else. Obviously, e-mail accounts that are not setup to go anywhere are worthless in Plesk. I have one client that had over 100 e-mail accounts that were basically DOA (no mailbox, forwarding, group, etc.)

Do you any other suggestions? I bet if you add your own ideas, Plesk folks will create a "plesk scubber" for us to manage our hosting clients better.

- Ross

2. rossgile

rossgile Guest

another suggestion:

Check all mailboxes to see if the SpamAssassin is turned on. I'm finding SpamAssassin turned off on a lot of mailboxes on my server.

It would be nice to tell "plesk scrubber" to turn on SpamAssassin on all mailboxes.

- rg

3. ProfiTiger

ProfiTiger Guest