• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"plesk scrubber" add-on

R

rossgile

I suggest adding some kind of plesk cleaner module to your application.

Here are my first suggestions to the "plesk scrubber":

1. Check all MX records that point to to a CNAME record. Suggest that you change them to A records. This will make your system run more efficient since when a MX record is referenced, there is only one lookup on the DNS server - not two with a CNAME record.

2. List all E-mail accounts that have no mailbox, forwarding or anything else. Obviously, e-mail accounts that are not setup to go anywhere are worthless in Plesk. I have one client that had over 100 e-mail accounts that were basically DOA (no mailbox, forwarding, group, etc.)

Do you any other suggestions? I bet if you add your own ideas, Plesk folks will create a "plesk scubber" for us to manage our hosting clients better.

- Ross

another suggestion:

Check all mailboxes to see if the SpamAssassin is turned on. I'm finding SpamAssassin turned off on a lot of mailboxes on my server.

It would be nice to tell "plesk scrubber" to turn on SpamAssassin on all mailboxes.

- rg

Originally posted by me in this thread

Another bad thing: It would be much better to store SA-Config (enabled/disabled for specific mailbox) in the corresponding table (psa/mail) than copying the mailadress to an other table (psa/sa_conf). So one could turn on (or off) SA for all existing mailboxes (server-wide oder for single domains) via sql-script.
Perhaps for the next update...

Back