• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk security using emojis?

goody

New Pleskian
Hi is there any security measure Plesk takes when using emojis on Wordpress websites?

I use the SEO plugin Rankmath and their video feature doesn't work after I moved my site to Plesk.
This is their response:

"I logged in to your site and spent considerable time troubleshooting the issue. The Auto-detect Video feature doesn’t work only when the Video has emojis either in the title or description. If you try it with some other video you’ll see the video gets detected, and also a Video schema is created on the post.

To me, it looks like your server is preventing the data from updating in the metatable when the string has emojis. To confirm this, please get in touch with your hosting provider."

Any help is greatly appreciated! thanks.

Do you have Mod Security in Plesk or any other WordPress WAF like Wordfence enabled? It could be one of those filtering out the content in the POSTs?

Hi, thank you for your reply.

In Plesk I have Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity) off and I don't have Wordfence, so I am not sure where else to look.

Please check the access/error logs of the subscription (make sure the error_log is enabled in PHP-settings of the subscription).

Also have a look at the browser console log:

In Firefox:
- right click on the page
- choose inspect
- click on the console tab
- check if there are errors or warnings

Back