• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PLESK Serv-u FEAT Problem

K

knocx

New FTP clients issue FEAT during initialy issued commands.

Strangely 5 days ago FTP clients using FEAT began to hang during login (FlashFXP , WS_FTP)

FlashFXP v3.1.12 build 1075 [BETA RELEASE]
Support Forums at http://forum.flashfxp.com

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004
[R] Connecting to xxxxxxxx.com -> DNS=xxxxxxxx.com IP=67.15.xxxx PORT=21
[R] Connected to xxxxxxxxx.com
[R] 220 Serv-U FTP Server v6.0 for WinSock ready...
[R] USER exbankoroopp
[R] 331 User name okay, need password.
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 230 User logged in, proceed.
[R] SYST
[R] 215 UNIX Type: L8
[R] FEAT
[R] 211-Extension supported
[R] Connection failed (Connection lost)
[R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

Servu vendor adviced us to reinstall serv-u that it may be corrupted....so we did....

After re installing and reconfiguring serv-u everything was fine and FEAT was woking well

bu than i had installed PLESK.Win.7.5 SP1 and opened few clients on that server after those i have realized that Serv-u again started to hang after FEAT (Corrupted according to rhino soft)

Is there a possiblity that PLESK SP1 installation or any other thing (scheduled plesk tasks,...etc) may cause Serv-u corrupt by a psa action?

Serv-U version 6.0.0.2

I will try to reinstall servu and test it again

Thanks for any comments
-- knocx

Well after working 4 days on the issue and hard debugging i finally figured out a strange bug with serv-u and reported this to vendor,

if the debug options are not checked in logging (screen is enough, no need to chek file options ) than FEAT hangs serv-u .

You have to check atleast screen options in the debug tab in order to get a valid FEAT response.

So i suggest PLESK developers to set the logging according to this options otherwise newer versions of the Popular FTP clients such as FlashFXP or WS_FTP may not work with Servu as they issue FEAT in the login startup.

regards
knocx