• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Access Problem

G

gianni.infodata

Hi, i have a big problem with my server. I've just update Plesk from 8.3 to 8.6. Now when i try to connect to ftp server, i can't receive the file list and the connection going to timeout. What can i do?
This is the log of the FlashFXP that try to connect.

[R] Connecting to domain.com-> DNS=domain.com IP=62.***.***.*** PORT=21
[R] Connected to domain.com
[R] 220 ProFTPD 1.3.1 Server (ProFTPD) [62.***.***.***]
[R] USER user
[R] 331 Password required for user
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 230 User user logged in
[R] SYST
[R] 215 UNIX Type: L8
[R] FEAT
[R] 211-Features:
[R] MDTM
[R] REST STREAM
[R] SIZE
[R] 211 End
[R] PWD
[R] 257 "/" is the current directory
[R] TYPE A
[R] 200 Type set to A
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (62,***,***,***,150,164).
[R] Opening data connection IP: 62.***.***.*** PORT: 38564
[R] Data Socket Error: Connection timed out
[R] List Error
[R] PASV

Sounds like a firewall problem - possibly on your ftp client machine or router at home/work where e ver you are - cant get past the passive ports.

I've have with try with 3 computers, from 3 different connections, with 3 different routers/modems, from 3 different places. Then I've try to open all firewall ports from Plesk to my Ip address. Nothing!

I've resolved the problem.
The new ProFtp 1.3.1 use by default random passive ports. Then I've configured the proftpd to use a ports range.
In the file /etc/proftpd.conf add a line: PassivePorts 60000-60500 After I've configured the firewall with new ports range.
Thank you all for your replies.

i've tryed with many ftp client......but nothing.....the unique way to resolve the problem is described in my last post. Bye

Back