• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Server Mariadb Problem

hakan.yaman

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04 , 2204, centos 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
I need to use MariaDB version 10.3.28 for my website on the Plesk server. Additionally, the PHP version must be PHP 7.4.33.

However, when I install Plesk, it automatically installs MariaDB version 10.6.

I want to install Plesk with MariaDB version 10.3.28, and this is crucial for me.Can you help?

MariaDB 10.3 is no longer supported by MariaDB maintainers through yum/dnf/apt via third-party resources. You'd need to download an archived version of it and install it manually from Download MariaDB Server - MariaDB.org to your server and install it from these local sources.

To use it with Plesk, first install it manually as described above. After MariaDB 10.3 is up and running on your server, start the Plesk installer. The installer will use the existing database server instead of installing its own.

I can in no way recommend doing that, though. MariaDB 10.3 is outdated. Everything that was possible with 10.3 can also be done with later versions. You might just need to tweak a configuration entry in /etc/my.cnf for it, but normally not even that is necessary.

Bahsettiğiniz senaryoyu denedim. 10.3.28 sürümünü yerel olarak çalıştırmayı denedim ancak çeşitli hatalarla karşılaştım. Yapılandırma dosyalarını değiştirdikten sonra kurulum başladı. Ancak tamamlandığında 10.3.28 yerine 10.3.38 sürümünü yükledi.

Bu biraz tuhaf görünüyor. 10.3.28 sürümüyle başladı ama tüm işlemler sonunda 10.3.38 sürümünü görüyorum.

Bu sorun çok önemlidir çünkü müşterimin gereksinimi, ortamları için 10.3.28 sürümünün kullanılmasını zorunlu kılmaktadır.

[Courtesy translation by your friendly forum admin:
I tried to run version 10.3.28 locally but encountered various errors. After changing the configuration files, the installation started. But when it completed it installed version 10.3.38 instead of 10.3.28.
This seems a bit strange. It started with version 10.3.28 but at the end of all the processes I see version 10.3.38.
This issue is very important because my client's requirement mandates the use of version 10.3.28 for their environment.]

I understand the requirement, but this is not really a Plesk issue. It is left up to the system administrator (you) to install specific software if the mainstream does not work for you. A question on issues with a manual outdated MariaDB installation might be better directed to the MariaDB community (The Community) or StackExchange Newest 'mariadb' Questions

Is there a downgrade procedure available for my current Plesk server, which is currently on version 10.6? I'm willing to accept the risk of losing files or encountering any other risks. If there is a downgrade procedure from version 10.6 to version 10.3.28, could you please share it?"

A downgrade is not possible, because the database schema cannot be downgraded. To downgrade, you need to first dump all databases, then remove the existing server and client, install the old version and import the database dumps to the old version.

Back