• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk servers freeze frequently on the "Please Wait. Loading.."

M vd Lingen

New Pleskian
All of our servers on Plesk 9.x.x often freeze on the message "Please Wait. Loading..."

I don't know if this is a Internet Explorer 8 problem, or Plesk related. The only thing I do know, is that it's very frustrating. Cause the only way to get rid of the message, is by reloading the page.

And like I said before; this problem relates to all our servers using Plesk 9.x.x.

Is this going to be fixed soon? Or is there a fix / workaround already?
Cause as you might understand, this is very annoying.

Other topics about this problem, remain unanswered. Therefor I am opening a new topic and hopefully I will receive an useful answer.

Oh and disabling the "Please Wait. Loading..."-screen isn't a solution either, cause it will hang anyways; with or without the loading-screen.

Hi,

Several things to check:
1. Have you tried simply restarting control panel? If no, then try doing this:
/etc/init.d/psa restart
/etc/init.d/sw-cp-server restart

2. Do you have selinux or apparmor (in case you are running Parallels Plesk on Ubuntu) enabled. If yes, try disabling them.

3. Running 'top' command on server when you load control panel check overall load of system and find what processes use most CPU time and memory.

4. Check Parallels Plesk error log: /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log and /var/log/messages for anything that might seem suspicious.

5. Check integrity of main Parallels Plesk package. If you are running Parallels Plesk on rpm based system you can use the following command for this:
rpm -V psa

If it shows that some files were modified (especially binary files or .php ones) then you can try reinstalling 'psa' package - download rpm file and reinstall it using:
rpm -Uvh psaXXXXX.rpm --force

Hope this helps.

- Well restarting our servers doesn't help.
- No high load (only on a few servers)
- No weird error messages in the log files
- PSA packages are fine.

We have about 100 Plesk servers, so...

Also my personal Plesk server was recently upgraded by Parallels Support Staff. So, I really doubt the problems are with the servers.

My guess is:

- Or there was some major change which causes these problems after Plesk 8.x.x
- Or Plesk isn't compatible with Internet Explorer 8.*

* I did the compatibility fix, explained in the FAQ. The compatibility fix did remove the "Compatibility button" from IE8 bar, but I still receive freezes with "Loading... Please Wait."

Also the freezes seem to occur less on Firefox...

When will this get solved. I personally use Internet Explorer 8 a lot more than Firefox, so it's important I can work normally on our servers.

Back