• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Docker containers crash randomly any few days

devnull

New Pleskian
Hey guys,

I have an issue with the Docker feature on Ubuntu Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS. I have automatic updated enabled so I always use the latest Plesk version.

Every few days my Docker containers crash. Sometimes it's a network related error (I cant reproduce this right now) and sometimes its the following error:
Fehler: {"message":"driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint mongodb (...): (iptables failed: iptables --wait -t nat -A DOCKER -p tcp -d 0/0 --dport 27017 -j DNAT --to-destination 172.17.0.2:27017 ! -i docker0: iptables: Memory allocation problem.\n (exit status 1))"}

I have 16GB ram and the ram is at very low usage all time. I have just a backup task running at night which caches the whole ram (dont know why this is happening). So there is enough RAM for the Docker containers.

To restart the containers I have to restart the whole server! Please tell me how to fix this issue in Plesk. I cant use Plesk anymore if this stuff doesn't work.

Unbenannt.JPG

Sorry to see that you did not get any responses so far. Are you really on Plesk Onyx as this has been posted in that forum? Or should the thread be moved to the Obsidian forum?

The error message says "Memory allocation problem". Then there is the information "I have just a backup task running at night which caches the whole ram". And we already know that every night the Docker container crashes for insufficient RAM. Your conclusion from that is: "there is enough RAM for the Docker containers."

Maybe the conclusion is not right?

Hey Peter,

thank your for your answer!

I have invested another few hours in research and found out that it wasn't related to the actual memory but to the allowed number of numiptent. It is limited to 2000 on my VPS and I had to much fail2ban entries and reached that number fast.

I have reset my fail2ban and shortened the ban duration a bit (I had a few weeks for sshd).

Seems to work now.

Back