• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk SLOWING DOWN SERVER....

It is the raid controller. Already diagnosed and informed to Plesk. They are working on a solution as I type this. We have given them direct access to a server experiencing this problem to correct this as soon as possible..

Once Plesk corrects this, I'd be curious to know the technical reasons of how a raid controller could interfere with Plesk.

question

HI there
Anyone knows how by the command line the cp can be restart it so i can create a script and when it goes down to restart it ?

All the cp

Thanks

Here's a little VBScript/WSH script I just tossed together. Just run it with your scheduler as a user with administrative/service privs. The script will attempt to start the service. If it's already started, nothing happens. I just tested it on my Win2k3 server and it works fine. It was written in a hurry, so I apologise if it isn't as pretty as it could be. :)

Uncomment (remove the single quote (')) before the strQuery you want to use. The first strQuery restarts pretty much every Plesk service except for some MailEnable-related ones. The second strQuery focuses on just the control panel.

--- cut below here ---

' Query for all Plesk services (besides mail)
'strQuery = "Select * from win32_service where Name = 'Apache2' or Name like 'Apache Tomcat%' or Name like 'plesk%' or Name = 'named' or Name = 'poppassd' or Name = 'MySQL'"

' Query for just Plesk Control Panel
strQuery = "Select * from win32_service where Name = 'Apache2'"

Set PleskServices = GetObject("winmgmts:").ExecQuery(strQuery)

for each Service in PleskServices
Service.StartService()
next

--- cut above here ---

Alternatively, to restart just the control panel, create a restartpleskcp.bat file and put the following two lines in there:

@echo off
net start apache2

Then run that file with your Windows scheduler at an interval of your choosing.

The VBS/WSH stuff is a _little_ more dynamic.

Cheers.

If you get the new mapping.dll from Plesk support it should resolve this problem completely for you and eliminate the need to restart. :D

My IIS server to stop responding to requests after any time, can somebody send to me this mapping.dll fix ?

Fyi, we have the new mapping.dll and fpmapping.dll, but it still stops responding, apparently during heavy load. We have a support ticket open with Plesk support, and they are still investigating.

We have a server with almost 200 domains that runs well. It doesn't stop responding. And another one with 400. All are pushing over 10GB a day.

But these are running on Windows 2003 w/ IIS 6.

Hi Larry, it may be specific to Win2000 then, because I think Windows 2003 does not use fpmapping.dll, whereas we have it on Win2000?

That could be. But we do have a Windows 2000 server that we support running 60+ domains that gets hit pretty good during Italies day time and doesn't stop responding. I would like to know what Plesk says when you get an answer.

Yeah, I'm curious too. I know they connected to our box at midnight, 2 days ago for about 30 to 45 minutes. They created and ran 2 test batch files :

:loop
statistics.exe
if %errorlevel% == 0 goto :loop

and

:loop
bntest.exe
if %errorlevel% == 0 goto :loop

I'm not sure what the bntest.exe is about??

I haven't heard back from plesk since then, but it's the weekend now. I'll check out next week.

It could be RAID

We have Plesk 6.5 in windows 2003.

We Installed ServicePack 1 build040120.16

After this the web server is not functioning. Mails and other services are working.

I should thank Mr.Larry [ I am a fan of him ] for his help.

But we could not trouble shoot as plesk technicians are having a look at it.

Is it purely a mapping.dll issue. I do not understand how could this affect the functioning of the websites as PLESK CP is still up and running.

Thanks

Kumar

Back