• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk SLOWING DOWN SERVER....

It is the raid controller. Already diagnosed and informed to Plesk. They are working on a solution as I type this. We have given them direct access to a server experiencing this problem to correct this as soon as possible..

Once Plesk corrects this, I'd be curious to know the technical reasons of how a raid controller could interfere with Plesk.

question

HI there
Anyone knows how by the command line the cp can be restart it so i can create a script and when it goes down to restart it ?

All the cp

Thanks

Here's a little VBScript/WSH script I just tossed together. Just run it with your scheduler as a user with administrative/service privs. The script will attempt to start the service. If it's already started, nothing happens. I just tested it on my Win2k3 server and it works fine. It was written in a hurry, so I apologise if it isn't as pretty as it could be. :)

Uncomment (remove the single quote (')) before the strQuery you want to use. The first strQuery restarts pretty much every Plesk service except for some MailEnable-related ones. The second strQuery focuses on just the control panel.

--- cut below here ---

' Query for all Plesk services (besides mail)
'strQuery = "Select * from win32_service where Name = 'Apache2' or Name like 'Apache Tomcat%' or Name like 'plesk%' or Name = 'named' or Name = 'poppassd' or Name = 'MySQL'"

' Query for just Plesk Control Panel
strQuery = "Select * from win32_service where Name = 'Apache2'"

Set PleskServices = GetObject("winmgmts:").ExecQuery(strQuery)

for each Service in PleskServices
Service.StartService()
next

--- cut above here ---

Alternatively, to restart just the control panel, create a restartpleskcp.bat file and put the following two lines in there:

@echo off
net start apache2

Then run that file with your Windows scheduler at an interval of your choosing.

The VBS/WSH stuff is a _little_ more dynamic.

Cheers.

If you get the new mapping.dll from Plesk support it should resolve this problem completely for you and eliminate the need to restart. :D

My IIS server to stop responding to requests after any time, can somebody send to me this mapping.dll fix ?

Fyi, we have the new mapping.dll and fpmapping.dll, but it still stops responding, apparently during heavy load. We have a support ticket open with Plesk support, and they are still investigating.

We have a server with almost 200 domains that runs well. It doesn't stop responding. And another one with 400. All are pushing over 10GB a day.

But these are running on Windows 2003 w/ IIS 6.

Hi Larry, it may be specific to Win2000 then, because I think Windows 2003 does not use fpmapping.dll, whereas we have it on Win2000?

That could be. But we do have a Windows 2000 server that we support running 60+ domains that gets hit pretty good during Italies day time and doesn't stop responding. I would like to know what Plesk says when you get an answer.

Yeah, I'm curious too. I know they connected to our box at midnight, 2 days ago for about 30 to 45 minutes. They created and ran 2 test batch files :

:loop
statistics.exe
if %errorlevel% == 0 goto :loop

and

:loop
bntest.exe
if %errorlevel% == 0 goto :loop

I'm not sure what the bntest.exe is about??

I haven't heard back from plesk since then, but it's the weekend now. I'll check out next week.

It could be RAID

We have Plesk 6.5 in windows 2003.

We Installed ServicePack 1 build040120.16

After this the web server is not functioning. Mails and other services are working.

I should thank Mr.Larry [ I am a fan of him ] for his help.

But we could not trouble shoot as plesk technicians are having a look at it.

Is it purely a mapping.dll issue. I do not understand how could this affect the functioning of the websites as PLESK CP is still up and running.

Thanks

Kumar

Back