• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk SOA Retry = 1635255150 seconds????

G

gusaroni

I have two domains on my server, and have restored default DNS settings for both (I have not edited the default templates). Initially I had DNS for one of them (domain 1) set up to be local, and the other (domain 2) I kept parked at GoDaddy with an A record pointing to my v-ded server. Domain 2 works fine and shows no errors at dnsreports.com. Abruptly, the DNS on domain 1 stopped working. It had been fine for over a year, and when I got to work yesterday morning it was not. I have since learned that it was wrong to set both of the nameservers at GoDaddy to the same IP address (as per their instructions), but it still worked until yesterday.

Because I was unable to resolve my issues, I set domain 1 to the park servers at GoDaddy and created an A record pointing to the IP for domain 1 on my server (just like I have domain 2 set up). I don't mind using this setup because it allows me to use GoDaddy's mail which I find to be greatly preferable to Horde. My problem at the moment is that running a report gives me several SOA errors as follows:

FAIL SOA RETRY value WARNING: Your SOA RETRY interval is : 1635255150 seconds. This seems very high. You should consider decreasing this value to about 120-7200 seconds. The retry value is the amount of time your secondary/slave nameservers will wait to contact the master nameserver again if the last attempt failed.

FAIL SOA EXPIRE value WARNING: Your SOA EXPIRE time is : 1702150213 seconds. This seems very high. You should consider decreasing this value to about 1209600 to 2419200 seconds (2 to 4 weeks). RFC1912 suggests 2-4 weeks. This is how long a secondary/slave nameserver will wait before considering its DNS data stale if it can't reach the primary nameserver.

FAIL SOA MINIMUM TTL value WARNING: Your SOA MINIMUM TTL is : 2007032600 seconds (over 2 weeks). This seems very high. You should consider decreasing this value to somewhere between 3600 and 10800. RFC2308 suggests a value of 1-3 hours. This value used to determine the default (technically, minimum) TTL (time-to-live) for DNS entries, but now is used for negative caching.

I also get a Failure on the Low Port Test for the MX record, but that doesn't concern me. Should it?

Can anyone point me in the right direction with regard to the SOA failures? Is this a propagation issue?

I've seen fixes for failures when the errors above show 0, but not this.

Back