1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk SSH Commands not working

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by biggsy, Dec 12, 2010.

1. biggsy

biggsy Guest

Hi there, please excuse me if I am losing the plot here and I have spent all night googling and trying to fix this problem myself. This is my problem:

In ssh I am trying to use the pleskrestore command but its as though no plesk commands are working, whatever plesk command I try to run in the folder /usr/local/psa/bin/ just all give the same kind of error :

-bash: pleskrestore: command not found

I have done a dir command and can see the pleskrestore in the current folder. Its driving me mad, am I missing something?

Running version 9.2.2 and cannot upgrade either but wanna cross this one first.

I have added jpg to show it.

Thanks

Andy Biggs

Attached Files:

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    It looks like you haven't Plesk backup manager installed:

Just run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller and install Backup Manager.

3. biggsy

biggsy Guest

Hi, not sure what the quote was but I typed it anyway.

Tried that, please see attachment. Exactly the same problem with that command too.

Also - Thought I better mention that in the Plesk control panel, in "Server Componenets" there is an entry "psa-backup-manager"

thanks

Andy

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2010
  4. biggsy

biggsy Guest

Is there any way I can just pay someone to fix this for me?

Thanks

Andy

5. IgorG

24%
    Try

./autounstaller

or simple

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller

or contact support team if you are not familiar with unix command line interface.

6. biggsy

biggsy Guest

Hi, ok its working now, if you could just help me with the final stage of the problem - I think I can get this done.

I made a complete server backup and then reinstalled plesk on the server via automated webpage with fasthosts. Now I am trying to restore the backup onto the same server after it has been reinstalled and I am getting "Backup file has wrogn signature for this server" but the server has all the same ip's etc that it had before, nothing has changed apart from the reinstall.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

7. IgorG

24%