• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk staging WordPress site

Feruz

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.58
Dear Madam, Sir,

I am addressing you in relation to the Plesk staging WordPress site.

Indeed, I transformed my main site into a subdomain of the Plesk staging WordPress site like example.com in staging.example.com and then in WP Toolkit I noticed that the URL of my main site was replaced by URL staging. example.com and my main site and my subdomain secondary site have become with the same URLs staging.example.com (but, when I press on Plesk Websites & Domains dashboard there I see that my site URL appears as before example.com). Afterwards, I tried to restore my site but the site does not restore as before and it still shows with URL staging.example.com. Then, I deleted the staging.example.com site and currently my main site also remains with URL staging.example.com on WP Toolkit.

My question is how I can change URL of my main site staging.example.com as before example.com or is there the possibility to restore it as before?

Thanks for your answer.

... I transformed my main site ...
If "transformed" means "cloned" with the built-in WP Toolkit "Clone" function, then the URL will have been replaced with the staging URL. If you simply copied the site and database, then the either the "home" and "siteurl" datasets of the wp_options table were not updated or your wp-config.php file was not updated to use the copied database.

To restore the correct URL:
a) Make sure that in your wp-config.php file you are using the correct database.
b) In your <prefix>*_options table of that database and the correct <prefix> defined in wp-config.php make sure that the "siteurl" and "home" datasets show the correct URL.

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your answer and for your support.

Indeed, when I pressed Websites & Domains in the databases option I found 2 databases which have the same <prefix>. Then when I press on Websites & Domains and I find on Dashboard - Connection info for FTP, Database and when I press this option I found information regarding to my database and when I press on WP Toolkit then Database and there I find the different information concerning Database (Database name, Database user name) which does not correspond to the Database information of Websites & Domains (Dashboard - Connection info for FTP, Database) and I changed the Database information on File manager wp- config.php unfortunately I did not find any progress.

Again, what can you advise me ?

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure what the question is that remains unanswered. When you have a correct wp-config.php and correct database entries, the only remaining question could be why it is not shown in the WP Toolkit. You could click the "Refresh" button there to refresh the display.

Hello Peter,

The problem has been resolved and again I thank you for your answer and for your support.

Back