• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk starter questions

BjornO

New Pleskian
Hello all

We're considering to offer Plesk to our customers and while running a demo license a few questions have come to mind, which I hope the community will be able to answer:

• DNS: I see that there is an extension for running an external name server as slave. Does anyone know if any of the following scenarios are possible, with or without the Slave DNS manager:
    • Run multiple Plesk servers, each of them acting as a main DNS server for its own accounts, and all servers using the same slave DNS server(s). In this scenario, the slave server(s) would contain zones for all domains across all servers running Plesk.
    • Plesk administering and pushing zones to two or more external DNS servers, but not listing its own internal DNS server with an NS record in the zone
  • APS applications:
    • How can one control what apps appear in the "Featured applications" in the customer's panel?
    • What are best practices related to which APS packages that are offered? Last time I checked the Plesk APS feature (it's been a few years) I found multiple applications which were outdated, some by years. Since the packages appearing in this list are presumably pulled from Plesk, does anyone actually verify that they are maintained?
    • Commercial APS packages: How can we as a provider capitalize on commercial APS packages already present in the list? When i press the "Buy" button I am taken directly to the vendor's own website, which leaves us as a host out of the equation in terms of revenue.
    • In general, the Applications section of Plesk appear to be messy. Some apps that are available by standard are commercial without being flagged as commercial, other apps (like SpamExperts) require the host to perform some type of installation before the end user can utilize the app. Some apps have dead links when one wants to read more about them on the vendor's site, and other apps lack either an English presentation or an English webpage. These are my points of view though, not really questions :)
Thanks in advance for your comments!

Regards,
Bjorn

Back