• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk stops processing incoming mail

W

webcanada

Hey guys,

I keep having this problem, it seems to happen about once a week or so, since I've upgraded to Plesk 8.2.

"All of a sudden", Plesk will stop processing incoming mail and things will just pile up in the mail queue. I click the restart button on both Qmail and the SMTP services, but that does nothing. It's only when I reboot the whole machine, then it processes everything it has accumulated, and starts working properly again.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this when it happens again to find out why this is happening?

Thanks!

Hi,

Did you ever find out what it was ? Since upgrading to 8.2.2 mine just keeps building an incoming mail queue and incoming messages take over 5 hours to arrive at email address :/ Is there anyway you can speed up the delivery of the incoming messages ? is it a setting somewhere that has changed when upgrading to 8.2.2 that makes delivery of incoming messages slower ?

No, I never did. I keep meaning to get Plesk support involved when it happens, but, unfortunately, a higher priority is to get it working again, so I just reboot the machine, which fixes the problem. :(

It seemed to happen twice, within a few days, several weeks ago, and not since then. *Fingers crossed*

Back