• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Subdomain not available on the Internet - it is due to DNS

Alexander Liebrecht

Basic Pleskian
Hello community and developer,

I have to turn to you again because I do not know any more.

The thing is that my subdomains in Plesk 17 Onyx are not available. I have a webhoster move with the main domain Alexander Liebrecht Projekte und das cms-lastige Portfolio .

I'm talking about the subdomain http://confluence.liebrecht-projekte.de:8060. This subdomain is installed on the generic port: 8060 Confluence Server.

Local under http: // my-ip-adress:8060 Confluence Server is reachable, but unfortunately not in the Internet in the browser.

In Plesk itself in the DNS settings of the main domain liebrecht-projekte.de the records are defined as "A", "AAAA" and so on. However, the subdomain is not available. The main domain liebrecht-projekte.de is however attainable.

Now I do not know what can be the reason and therefore I ask you for help.

Hi Alexander Liebrecht,

pls. be aware, that your server might not be your initial nameserver for your domain. In most cases, your domain provider provides an own Control Panel, where you should add the "A" and "AAAA" entries as shown over your Plesk Control Panel.

Pls. check: => DNS Lookup for confluence.liebrecht-projekte.de , where the actual result is:
Code:
DNSWatch > DNS Lookup for confluence.liebrecht-projekte.de
Searching for confluence.liebrecht-projekte.de. A record at I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. [192.36.148.17] ...took 1 ms
Searching for confluence.liebrecht-projekte.de. A record at z.nic.de. [194.246.96.1] ...took 1 ms
Searching for ns1.first-ns.de. A record at C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. [192.33.4.12] ...took 1 ms
Searching for ns1.first-ns.de. A record at n.de.net. [194.146.107.6] ...took 1 ms
Searching for ns1.first-ns.de. A record at ns1.your-server.de. [213.133.106.251] ...took 4 ms
Searching for confluence.liebrecht-projekte.de. A record at ns1.first-ns.de. [213.239.242.238] ...took 6 ms

Nameserver ns1.first-ns.de. reports: No such host confluence.liebrecht-projekte.de
hint: Try www.confluence.liebrecht-projekte.de instead.

Back