• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved plesk system update tools 404error notification

Hi i have found a way to quickly change CentOS repos from mirror to vault (need ssh access):

This allowed me to install Plesk Migrator, this way I will move to a fresh AlmaLInux installation without manually setting up plesk again.

I would like to know how to tell plesk to get updates from https://vault.centos.org.
Changing OS actually is not an option for me.
This is not Plesk taking updates from there, but your operating system CentOS8, which is EOLed.
Do you really want to stay on an operating system that will not be supported by Plesk after April?

This is not Plesk taking updates from there, but your operating system CentOS8, which is EOLed.
Do you really want to stay on an operating system that will not be supported by Plesk after April?
hi, we have a Fasthosts server with CentOS8 - any suggestions on how we get them to update the OS to another solution? Or am I stuck with CentOS8???

after the update, i now get this and this - any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 18.01.42.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 18.01.42.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 18.05.10.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 18.05.10.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 15
Sorted it, had to run

$ sudo yum-config-manager --disable epel

&

$ sudo yum-config-manager --disable epel-modular

Once done, the installer ran and completed - thank you for your help - very much appreciated

hi
thanks for the above advice.

I have updated to Almalinux 8.5 by the In-place conversion, it's a few weeks since. I notice that the plesk is now a newer version (18.0.42), it doesn't seem to update itself even I click the check for update link in the home page.

Would it eventually update?

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 5
I have updated to Almalinux 8.5 by the In-place conversion, it's a few weeks since. I notice that the plesk is now a newer version (18.0.42), it doesn't seem to update itself even I click the check for update link in the home page.
do you have a 3rd party mirror in use for Plesk?

Back