• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk UI not showing DB size & I can't delete databases (PGSQL)

Organizer

New Pleskian
Fresh install of ‪Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS‬ running Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #60

Through the UI I've installed a a PostgreSQL localhost server with 3 database. As the main partition is 20GB I've moved the database to my /home partition which has more space. The process followed after I had created an initial database was:

sudo systemctl stop postgresql
sudo rsync -av /var/lib/postgresql /home/plesk

nano /etc/postgresql/10/main/postgresql.conf
I set the data directory to >>> data_directory = '/home/plesk/postgresql/10/main'

sudo systemctl start postgresql

Everything seem to work fine DB wise, however in Plesk I only have a wheel spinning with no table or size information. I recently found that /etc/psa/psa.conf potentially had some related information as my next task is to do a full backup (also failing at the moment, not sure if also related).

Anyway in this file I changed PGSQL_DATA_D to:

PGSQL_DATA_D /var/lib/postgresql/10/main

The two last PGSQL entries remains as per default:
PGSQL_CONF_D /etc/postgresql/10/main
PGSQL_BIN_D /usr/lib/postgresql/10/bin

1. When I now check the Plesk database view the spinning wheel is gone, but it claims Tables: null and Size: 0 B?

2. I have tried to delete 2 of the 3 database, which shows in Plesk UI as success and they are gone. However checking through a remote login the DB's are still there and trying to drop them via an admin tool shows "cannot drop the currently open database". How to fully clean this up and clean-up what Plesk UI have not managed?

Back