• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved plesk update 12.0.18 to 12.5.30, not 17.0.17

Pecnet

Basic Pleskian
Good evening,

I have a vps server at OVH (France)

When I get the vps there is plesk 12.0.18 with a webpro license.

Once I logged in plesk asked me to do the update

See picture

Capture d’écran 2017-03-31 à 15.48.03.png

But twice I upgraded to version 17.0.17 and twice I had a problem, I could not connect to my plesk.

I would like to know if I can do the update version plesk 12.5.30?
Because this version stays and works very well on my other server with plesk

Thank you

Hi Pecnet,

But twice I upgraded to version 17.0.17 and twice I had a problem, I could not connect to my plesk.
did you consider to investigate possible issues/errors/problems with the help of the corresponding "autoinstaller.log" at "/var/log/plesk/install".

I would like to know if I can do the update version plesk 12.5.30?
Yes.

Because this version stays and works very well on my other server with plesk
... and Plesk Onyx should be an improvement, due to additional features, changes and bug - fixes. ;)

hi,

I'll try to install plesk by default then do the update to version 17.0.17 and then try to have the .log file if i still have an error.

Can you tell me what will be the order

To make the update

12.0.18 to 12.5.30

On one of my server I'm too afraid to do the update because I have 30 domain installed in ... I understand that the new version must be better but the with my vps it inspires me not too much

thank you

Hi Pecnet,

I won't persuade you, to upgrade to Plesk Onyx, because you certainly know by yourself, that someday you have to switch to a newer version anyway, because at some point, the support will end. If you look at all the change - logs from Plesk 12.0, Plesk 12.5 and Plesk 17.0, you are able to investigate yourself, if an upgrade to a newer version should'nt have be done in the past and as a server administrator myself, I just have to tell you, that updating/upgrading is a must, if you want to guarantee stability and safety for your customers on your server(s).

YES (!), you could experience issues/errors/problems and YES (!), this means as well, that you will might have to invest some time to solve possible issues/errors/problems. ;)

Can you tell me what will be the order

To make the update

12.0.18 to 12.5.30
Plesk Onyx can be upgraded from Plesk versions 11.0 or newer, as you might check yourself at: => Software Requirements for Plesk

As you already noticed, only the LATEST stable version is visible over the Plesk integrated "Update & Upgrade" feature and if you desire to upgrade to another stable release, you have to use the command line, with the example command:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --all-versions

Hi Pecnet,

well, CUSTOM templates can as well lead to issues/errors/problems, so I recommend to RENAME the folder with the example - command:
Code:
mv /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom.backup

... and afterwards restart the upgrade process.

When your upgrade finished successfully, you should investigate, if your custom templates are still usefull and possible changes won't interfere with the new default templates. ;)
Only if you are sure about that, you then could rename the folder again, to it's "custom" name and rebuild your webserver - configuration files with the ( additional ) custom templates.

Hi,

I was seeing this link and I did its 3 manipulations

2 /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
3 mv -f /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom /root/custom_templates/
4 /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Then I launched the updated, it was successful I had the message of confirmation that it is install,
But I still have the same worries, I can not connect to the admin panel.

Here is the log file -> autoinstaller.log

Environment locale name is 'C' Parallels Installer 3.16.20 (built on 2014-06-24 15:15 svn rev. 333356) started at (timezone CET) Fri Mar 31 22:52:53 2017 Command line arguments: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --service-mode --enable-xml-output --ssl-cert /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.pem --branch release,stable SourceUrl: original source url is http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ Sourc...

thanks

Hi Pecnet,

can you confirm, that "sw-cp-server" and "sw-engine" are up and running?
Did you restart the services over your command line?
Did you use "service psa restart" to make sure that all corresponding Plesk services are up and running?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

tried the commands you wrote
It still does not work

:(

I think I will stay with the basic version

I searched on google and I came across this link:

Could not start 'sw-cp-server' service: "No such file or directory"

I launched the command line is that tells me this,

Starting sw-cp-serverd: nginx: [emerg] "ssl_prefer_server_ciphers" directive is duplicate in /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/ssl.conf:1

in the file

Ssl.conf

There is that ...

I erased the first 2 lines out of 3

Ssl_ciphers HIGH:! ANULL:! MD5;
Ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;

And it works,

Is that correct what I did?

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi Pecnet,

Is that correct what I did?
Well... no! :p

If you experience issues as:
Starting sw-cp-serverd: nginx: [emerg] "ssl_prefer_server_ciphers" directive is duplicate in /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/ssl.conf:1

You should consider to SEARCH for dublicates first:

Example:
Code:
find /etc/sw-cp-server/ -type f -name "*.php" -exec grep --color -Hni "ssl_prefer_server_ciphers"  {} \;
The output will point you directly to the used configuration files and you would then consider to remove either the one or the other, while "ssl.conf" is the standart configuration file, provided by Plesk ( which might be changed, modified, edited by Plesk, in case of updates/upgrades or when patches are released! ).

Hello
thank you for your reply,

I gave the ssl.conf file if it's important

But I erased its 2 lines

ssl_ciphers HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5;
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;

And started this command: psa start service

And it works

In executing your command line I have no info in my terminal, the command passes but it does not ask me the files or there is double its info

find /etc/sw-cp-server/ -type f -name "*.php" -exec grep --color -Hni "ssl_prefer_server_ciphers" {} \;

Thank you

Back