• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Plesk updated to 11.5, still running MailEnable 5.10?

exceedis

New Pleskian
I'm not sure why MaiEnable isn't getting updated with the rest of the panel, but it isn't. Is it safe to install 7.52 over 5.10 manually? The ME website indicates they're careful to inter-operate with Plesk. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this. Thanks!

According to that same page, one section up, 7.50 is also supported and was supposed to be an included component. Why wasn't it upgraded with the panel when I went from 11 to 11.5? What should I do going forward? Upgrade to 7.07 from the MailEnable website? Or is there a way to get 7.50 from within the panel? Thanks very much for responding.

I guess, you have to manually upgrade to Mail Enable 7.52.

Myself I did upgrade to version 7.52 manually and before upgrading to 11.5, in both 11.09 and 11.5 Mail Enable 7.52 works fine.

I believe that Plesk/parallels do not upgrade mail enable because some customers may like to use either version, or the mail software of their choice, and it's up to them to either upgrade or keep it as it is. As american people says, "if it's not broken, do not fix it" :)

My 2 cents

Javier

According to that same page, one section up, 7.50 is also supported and was supposed to be an included component. Why wasn't it upgraded with the panel when I went from 11 to 11.5? What should I do going forward? Upgrade to 7.07 from the MailEnable website? Or is there a way to get 7.50 from within the panel? Thanks very much for responding.

For example - http://kb.parallels.com/en/115610

In other words - you will have ME version 7 in case of fresh Plesk installation. If you upgrade your Plesk - ME will not be upgraded and you can upgrade it manually by yourself.

Back