• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

plesk updater says alwayt that there is upgrades

LegolasTheElf

Basic Pleskian
hello,
i've a Plesk 9.0.1 under linux and every time i connect to the hosting system as admin i see that plesk updater says to me that there are some ipdates/upgrades to do.
but when i go to the updater panel and i look for what i've to update, i found that all packages are on the current available version, and i haven't to update / upgrade nothing.

this is very annoying because it makes unuseful the warning: if is still actve every time in a short time you don't go anymore to make the checks.

only thing that i've seen that can justify that is that the 2 base packages of plesk, Base pacakges and Plesk updaters, are ALWAYS marked in the "component" page to be updated, also if they haven't to be update. and you can't take away the sign from they selection box. maybe because Parallels want to be absolutely sure that every time you make an update you have the last base packages. and this may be good, but if it's true, why they have to activate the warning everytime?

someone have a solution for this?

This happens often in the gui , what always fixes it for me is to go to shell and run the autoinstaller /usr/local/psa/bin/autoinstaller

i have done the check and i discovery , launching /usr/local/psa/bin/autoinstaller, that by real i have some package to upgrade that the GUI doesn't tell to me, in specific:
courier-imap-3.0.8-cos5.build90090127.18.i586.rpm
psa-mail-driver-common-9.0.1-cos5.build90090127.18.i586.rpm
psa-mail-qc-driver-1.0.0-cos5.build90090127.18.i586.rpm
psa-qmail-1.03-cos5.build90090127.18.i586.rpm
psa-qmail-rblsmtpd-0.70-cos5.build90090127.18.i586.rpm

this is MUCH MORE AWFUL of what i think!
i'm forced to use CLI interface to discover that my email server (not a secondary package) need to be updated????????

Plesk have a sense if make simple and fast for me the configuration, updating and upgrading process of all its components, if it doesn't make this job in security and affordeable is totally unuseful!!!!

i can forgot and think that is "a little, annoying bug" if the error is in displaying a unuseful message on the GUI, but if it is that under the GUI i've to launch manually the CLI to be sure to be updated, THIS meaning that the gui of plesk updater is TOTALLY UNUSEFUL!!!

i'm NOT happy of this!!!

Back