• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Updates and Upgrades always issues/time outs

Space Monkey

Basic Pleskian
I have about a dozen Vultr clouds and always using the Plesk application. I've become very well-known with the plesk dashboard and it's a great panel.

However, one big point of frustration for me is plesk updates and upgrades. As I'm not a techie I do this through:
Tools & Settings> Pleks> Updates and Upgrades but this link always have issues.

9 out of 10 times it times out, then when I do get in it often hangs or once you finally installed/updated something there is no back button to the update overview. You have to close the tab and click the updates and upgrades link again which will result most of the time in a connection time out.

Once everything is set it works great but every time I setup a new server this is a big issue, anything I can do about it?

Cheers.

And now after many times of clicking, being frustrated, time outs I got everything I needed installed and configured and now when I click the updates and upgrades everything works instantly but now I don't need it anymore.

I need to know how this can work fluently when I launch a new server

THis is not solved. Firstly I always have the same issue when launching a new server.

Yesterday after much frustration everything updated and downloaded what I needed and once I logged in through the site url and SSL it seemed it won't connect fast with the update page but now it's timing out nonstop again.

Why isn't that section the panel itself anyway like the extensions and server update.

THis is not solved...
We didn't change the thread status to solved ;) If you didn't, the forum admin possibly might have?
We simply posted a link to a previous thread, where everyone that has had a very similar issue to yours, followed the Plesk CLI option and solved their update / upgrade problems. It's not clear from your last post if you did actually try CLI?

K but Im still having this issue. updating through console fine but I also need to install new stuff and it's just annoying to do that through the console.

I just want to know why IP/admin/update/product/ always having issues, 9 out of 10 times times out. Just want it to work like it should.

@Space Monkey

If you see that your "web-based" plesk installer is hanging or having some difficulties, that often means that

- your servers are out of resources : this can often explain most of the problems on cloud based servers, certainly small cloud based servers, (and/or)
- underlying processes are hanging : these processes can only be killed via SSH, (and/or)
- that specific issues have occurred : the underlying problems are perfectly logged,

and for those reasons alone, it is not always the best idea to used the "web-based" plesk installer.

However, there is the command line based alternative and that alternative functions identical to the "web-based" plesk installer - but without huge resource usage!

In short, I am pretty sure that the command

plesk sbin autoinstaller

(to be run from the command line with root privileges) should work fine for you.

That is, when you want to install "stuff" - like extensions, package updates and even micro-updates (which are being installed automatically).

Actually, for almost all the functions in the Plesk Panel, there are also CLI commands available. Check out the documentation!

Hope the above helps a bit.

Kind regards.......

Back