• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk updates killing minecraft server..

mike2010

Basic Pleskian
I've got a minecraft server on the server....runs fine all day, but the process dies off (run by java 1.7) once the plesk overnight updates start taking place.

I watched it last night around 4am....(EST) and it was right at the beginning when AWstats was running. That the process killed off the minecraft process and the error on putty was "software caused connection abort"

what to do? It might just be AWstats as the culprit.

so I guess my question is 2-parts.

#1 I never use AWstats, so could I have a command to disable it ?

#2 if that doesn't fix it, is there a command to temporarily shut off all plesk overnight crons, to see if it's for sure the culprit?

thx much

Couple things, You can do this right from the GUI though commands may be easier. I do not have them right this second.

You can shut down stats if you go to Apache server settings/modules. I'm pretty sure it is in there. For updates why don't you just turn off auto update and run them manually when you wish? You can also just go into "server settings and you can disable most of the stats there I believe.

Another easy way to do these from the GUI is by going into "updates and upgrades and uninstalling from there what you do not use. Awstats is listed under Plesk Hosting Features.

Next thing, I have a dedicated Linux box with Plesk in it. I use it for websites but I want to create a private domain for a minecraft server. I have not looked into this yet and this is basically my first stop because I came across this post in a search. Can you share any info on how to do this or the easiest way? What does the average mc server use in terms of resources? I do not intend more than 4 or 5 users occasionally.

Thanks,
Rich

Last edited:
Back