• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk upgrade 10.2.0 to 10.4.4 problem

Vlad Timofeev

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade Plesk Panel installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter from ver. 10.2.0 to 10.4.4 from Updates.
After I get version to upgrade and click Continue:

1. MySQL runs on 100% cpu
2. Browser stay in Connecting....
3. Nothing happens even after waiting about 3 hours.
4. When I cancel this update nothing changed on server.
5. When running from command line get same results.

According all this I have a couple of questions;

1. Is there any update log file that can point where is a problem?
2. Did anyone get same problem and how it can be solved?
3. May be there is something in upgrade process I forgot to do before I start?

Thank's.

Last edited:
Thank you for the answer.
But the problem is not in services, the problem is that nothing happens when Plesk update run (Update utility).
Maybe I need to open other ports like 8447 from outside?
Maybe I need to run other prepare tool before running update?
Do you have any documentation how to run upgrade that include all steps, requirements for upgrade, etc?

Last edited:
Still can't perform upgrade to 10.4.4. Preupgrade check running and stuck on

INFO: ==> STEP 10: Checking DNS records of subdomains...

Checking in panel_preupgrade_checker.php_ and found that in that step performed next query:

SELECT DISTINCT dns_recs.dns_zone_id, dns_recs.type, host, val, opt FROM
dns_recs, subdomains, domains WHERE host = concat(subdomains.name,'.', domains.n
ame,'.') AND dns_recs.dns_zone_id IN ( SELECT dns_recs.dns_zone_id FROM dns_recs
, subdomains, domains, hosting, IP_Addresses, DomainServices, IpAddressesCollect
ions WHERE host = concat(subdomains.name,'.', domains.name,'.') AND subdomains.d
om_id = domains.id AND domains.id = DomainServices.dom_id AND DomainServices.typ
e = 'web' AND DomainServices.ipCollectionId = IpAddressesCollections.ipCollectio
nId AND IpAddressesCollections.ipAddressId = IP_Addresses.id AND IP_Addresses.ip
_address <> dns_recs.val)

This query run about 4 hours but nothing happened. Upgrade process still stuck on Checking DNS records.
After 6 hours of waiting I made restart to server and run stuck query directly in MySQL:

mysql> SELECT DISTINCT dns_recs.dns_zone_id, dns_recs.type, host, val, opt FROM
dns_recs, subdomains, domains WHERE host = concat(subdomains.name,'.', domains.n
ame,'.') AND dns_recs.dns_zone_id IN ( SELECT dns_recs.dns_zone_id FROM dns_recs
, subdomains, domains, hosting, IP_Addresses, DomainServices, IpAddressesCollect
ions WHERE host = concat(subdomains.name,'.', domains.name,'.') AND subdomains.d
om_id = domains.id AND domains.id = DomainServices.dom_id AND DomainServices.typ
e = 'web' AND DomainServices.ipCollectionId = IpAddressesCollections.ipCollectio
nId AND IpAddressesCollections.ipAddressId = IP_Addresses.id AND IP_Addresses.ip
_address <> dns_recs.val) into outfile '/upgrade/upgarde_query.txt';
Query OK, 1 row affected (43 min 36.72 sec)

As you can see, it takes 43 min 36.72 sec to perform query in mysql and result was 1 row only.

Now there is a question:

How can I solve this query issue? Can I run upgrade without this check? Is there anything, something .... I must start/stop before I start to upgrade Panel from 10.2.0 to 10.4.4?

Can I simply disable this query in panel_preupgrade_checker.php_?

Last edited:
But did you fix found issue from /upgrade/upgarde_query.txt ? You can skip this checking if you have fixed it already.

Did you check that happens after

INFO: ==> STEP 18: Checking SmarterMail open ports...
INFO: Current mail server is: mailenable
INFO: Result: OK

in autoinstaller log?

Yep, in log.
But, i tried to run updater from office and not from localhost and get another problem:

after downloading install packages installation stuck (about 2 hours) on "adding permissions to D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\" before this step it fails on "registering python script" - can't find some data about coldfusion in registry.

I can't save log files, because we stopped installation process and revert server state to snapshot that created before upgrade start.

Problem in adding domainskeys in plesk 10.4.4

For domain keys when i am trying to add domain keys , i am getting the error shown in the document attached. Do you know how to add public domains keys in dns txt record via plesk 10.4.4

Anybody please help. Or should i tell the hosting company to add directly without using plesk.

Please advise.

Attachments

• DOMAINKEYSproblem.zip
    335.7 KB · Views: 0
For domain keys when i am trying to add domain keys , i am getting the error shown in the document attached. Do you know how to add public domains keys in dns txt record via plesk 10.4.4

Anybody please help. Or should i tell the hosting company to add directly without using plesk.

Please advise.

How it is related to initial issue of this thread? Please submit new thread and do not attach logs in zip - post the exact location of the error from your log.

i am unable to see the link : Post new thread on your website. please help with that.

Yep, in log.
But, i tried to run updater from office and not from localhost and get another problem:

after downloading install packages installation stuck (about 2 hours) on "adding permissions to D:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\" before this step it fails on "registering python script" - can't find some data about coldfusion in registry.

I can't save log files, because we stopped installation process and revert server state to snapshot that created before upgrade start.

Any ideas how to check or solve this problem?

Back