• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk upgrade/update tool won't work

LaurentR2D2

Plesk Certified Professional
Plesk Certified Professional
Hello,

I have Plesk 12.5 on Centos 7. I've activated the first user option in the update/upgrade settings to upgrade to Onyx. I've launched the update/upgrade tool, and asked for the upgrade. The update tool was supposed to be updated, but the page is blank, and my browser try to load it without success. Plesk works fine and has remained at the version 12.5, so I've checked back the global user option until I find what is wrong with the updater. How can I fix this tool ?

Thank you

I would suggest you perform upgrade in command line interface. Just run command

# plesk installer --all-versions

and follow the menu.
You will see all upgrade stages and possible errors in the output.

plesk installer has upgraded to Plesk Onyx without errors, and I've been able to login to the admin panel. When I click on the Update/Upgrade menu in Tools and Settings, it opens the Tools and Settings page in a new tab, and keep trying to load something without success. Is this menu still used ? I've seen in the Update/Upgrade settings panel a new tab about available updates and everything to install them, check if there are updates, ...

Make sure that port 8447 is not firewalled on your server.
Plesk installer is authorized in Plesk firewall rules for all incoming traffic and Centos firewalld is disabled :

#firewall-cmd --get-active-zones
FirewallD is not running

Back